29

Chapter 29

Jay

Tuesday 7:56 pm

I knocked on Tomlin's door not knowing what to expect. "Tomlin?" I went inside, shutting and locking the handle behind me.

He was sitting on his bed, in purple satin pj bottoms and no shirt, painting his toes. He looked beautiful with his longer, straightened strawberry red hair pulled back in a pony on the back of his skull. His old black framed glasses sat on the end of his nose only adding to his character. Tomlin Lemons was beautiful.

"You change so fast it's like watching a progression of personalities." I told him kindly, sitting on the end of his bed.

He looked up from his teal nail polish to stare at me with blue eyes that were a little darker than normal. This act was one of his happy places. Painting his toes. It reminded me of the first time we talked at school. It was technically only two weeks ago, although It felt like a million years from then to now. He smirked, spinning the top on the polish, done with his art.

"Sometimes I like to be myself. Like right now. Other times, like when we are at school. I like to act accordingly. Usually that means acting like a jackass." He shrugged, winking at me.

"Tomlin, we are all kind of wondering what's going on with you and the jocks now? Are they gonna start a fight with us tomorrow because you said yes. Do you maybe want to keep that on the downlow so we don't have to fight with them?" I sounded like I was begging him not to tell them, probably because I was.

His eyes moved from my eyes to my mouth. He smiled, tipping his tall body onto his knees coming towards me. My breath hitched when his face leaned into mine and gently he pressed our lips together. Man, he was a temptress of many desires. I grabbed his face and moaned, bringing him down on my lap. He snaked his tongue into my mouth and I could have sworn I wanted to cry. It felt so good. Tomlin Lemons was taking over every sense I owned. He giggled, pulling away from me.

"Was that allowed? I said yes. And I assume I said yes to all of you. But if that wasn't allowed I'll go tell on myself." Tomlin was beet red and acting like we committed a crime. Oh, I liked this guy so much.

"You tell me." I said lightly, grabbing his hips to move him off my lap.

"What?"

"Your first wife. Not me. And I couldn't be more excited about that. You and Sammy are going to hate each other."

Tomlin frowned. "You just ruined the mood."

"Are you going to tell me if we should worry about the couple or not?" I asked, he was putting on a black sweatshirt that said, #Ihateveryone.

"I don't think we should tell anyone anything just in case. Yesterday I would have said yes to tell them. Today I know I can't trust anyone except you four at the moment." He shrugged, fixing his glasses. I hated how sad his reality made him. His friends were horrible people in my opinion.

"Are you hungry or something? What's wrong with you?" He looked a little angry at me.

I frowned at him. "What?"

"You're fidgeting with your hands and looking pale. I've noticed that you don't eat a lot when shit happens. Are you hungry?"

"Uh, yeah. Yes. I forgot to eat." I blinked stunned. No one's ever noticed that about me before. I was beginning to see Tomlin in the same way the others did. As an entity all on his own. Almost like he was out of this world.

A hot alien is what he was. Hey, if they can call me one. I can call him one.

He pointed a finger and tsked at me. "You must always take care of yourself, Jay. It's important. You're too young for health issues. Come on, I'll go make you and everyone else some dinner. There's gotta be something in the fridge I can whip up."

I followed behind him, trying not to stare at his delicious ass. I could feel myself turning red and decided to keep my eyes above me at all times. Otherwise I'd be in a world of hurt with a boner and no one wants that while attempting to try to help cook.