Chapter 5

"Woooo!!!" the girls and I screamed as we popped champagne in the massive hotel suite Nella and Hasani had booked for the wedding weekend

It was Friday night, and we were all in lingerie, snacking and sipping on drinks at Nella's bridal sleepover. Hasani and his boys were in a suite similar to ours down the hall and those guys were making some serious noise. Whatever they were doing must have been really fun.

"To Nella and Sani!" Ketura smiled as she tapped her flute against mine. We all repeated the toast and Nella beamed with a huge smile on her face.

"Wow, is this really happening? Will I really be someone's wife at 11 a.m. tomorrow?"

I laughed. "Girl, you had about three months to wrap your head around it."

"I know, but still. I think I'd still be in disbelief if we waited six months or a year to get married. I had no idea we'd get here when we started dating."

"To be honest, Nella, I doubt you were even confident that you two would last a year back then." Namiko laughed.

"I don't think you're wrong, Miko." Nella said, her face suddenly serious. "Ugh, I'm getting emotional looking back at everything. I love him so much, you guys."

As Nella teared up, my heart swelled with happiness for her. We spent a few hours laughing, talking and playing a few games that had to do with the soon-to-be married couple. We also gave Nella her gifts and watched as she excitedly opened each one with tears of joy pouring down her face.

"Okay, ladies." Namiko said once all the fun activities were out of the way. "Let's all go get our beauty sleep. Tomorrow is a big day."

***

On Saturday morning, Chimwemwe and I smiled knowingly at each other from the sides of the altar we were standing on. Hasani's eyes were like leaking taps as Nella walked down the aisle with my mom beside her. We had been so right about him shedding the first tear.

I didn't blame him though, everything about this day had gone perfectly so far. The venue had been beautifully decorated with the brown, cream and gold theme Nella had chosen for the special day. The gorgeous bouquets of roses, tulips and baby breath added to the elegance of the whole thing. Everyone in attendance looked stunning in either beige or cream outfits.

Hasani was living up to his name in this moment, looking all kinds of handsome in his unique, white tuxedo, the brown detailing on it complementing his dark skin well. Nella, however, was the star of the show with her makeup look which perfectly went with the dress. She'd stuck imitation pearls along her edges and stylishly placed them down one side of her neck and chest. Her fresh acrylic set also incorporated the pearls. The updo she did with her flexi rod set framed her face beautifully and the whole look came together to turn Nella into an enchanting work of art you couldn't help but feast your eyes on.