Back

It's been a few years since Hailee left me. And a lot has happened in those two years. For example, Max proposed to Lexi who said yes, so they'll get married soon. I went on a few dates but they all ended horribly.

I haven't thought about Hailee that much. I stopped following her when I knew for sure she wouldn't come back. Cause I couldn't just watch her move on like nothing ever happened like she didn't just leave me with a letter and my favorite book that I still have.

Sometimes I reread the letter and every time I hate myself for doing it. Cause it makes me cry every time. Every night I read some in the book that she got me.

When I got home that night and opened the book I saw a little quote written in it which kind of made me smile. It went like this:
"I wanna see floating lights"
It's a quote from Tangled. Beneath the quote, she wrote:
"I wanna see them with you."
         "Hailee xxx"

And that part made me cry again. So every time I open my book wanting to read a bit I reread the quote.

In those two years, I also got an amazing promotion. I went on a little vacation and bought some new books with the extra money like I always do. Today it's the 30th of May 2023.

And Lexi is today really happy cause she's going to the premier of a movie. She asked me if I'd come with her. I told her yes but that I would go and wait a bit further. Cause I don't wanna have an anxiety attack again.

So yeah here I am walking with Nala and Lexi to the premier. I took Nala with me cause I'm not going to the real premier and she loves going for walks so it's a win-win situation.

Anyway, I'm just wearing some jeans and a dark blue sweater with a matching cap and a linen bag with some necessary stuff inside of it.

Anyways, I wasn't really paying attention when Nala started to run and her leash slipped out of my hands. Then I see her running up to a women who's walking towards a black van. She's wearing a baggy jeans button-up shirt and a black long skirt with a cut on one side and her hair is hanging over her shoulder. And let's just say damn that woman has amazing legs.

Shit no, Yn get Nala the woman isn't important, Nala is. I think to myself before starting to run after her. Suddenly I get stopped by a big guy. "My dog is there," I say a bit loud and then I see the woman getting in the van and so does Nala. I slip under the man's arm and Lexi follows after and I run to the van.

"Hey stop you two." The man yells so I look behind and I see multiple guys running towards us. I stick my head in the van and then I see Nala so I grab her leash. "Nala no," I say and then I see the woman petting her which is odd cause she hasn't been so open towards strangers since Hailee. When I look up at the woman I freeze.

No no. This can't be true no she isn't real. Before I can think anything more I get grabbed by my arms and pulled back and Nala gets taken out too.

"Don't fucking touch me," I say to the men who are holding me and get out of their grip before starting to walk again. "Nala come on girl," I say since she wasn't following. When we're far enough I lean against the wall and take a deep breath.

"What's wrong? Did something happen? It's like you saw a ghost." Lexi says. " I wish I saw a ghost. Lexi I saw her, I saw Hailee." I whisper and I can feel myself tear up a little.

"No, you didn't. Are you serious? Why didn't you tell me I was gonna kill that woman for hurting you the way she did." Lexi says agressief. "No, I probably imagined it let's go. She left, why in heaven's name would she come back?" I ask myself while starting to walk again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm now sitting on the sidewalk with Nala sitting between my legs while I pet her and play a bit with her. I told Lexi I'd wait here for her and she agreed so here I am waiting for her.