Chapter 11: Helping out a friend

You were quiet while you and Drake ate your food. Drake was busy on his phone; you weren't sure what he was doing but you kept silent and waited for your food. The whole conversation with Bonney and Kid was playing on repeat, like an old CD, but it would skip, causing your head to ache.

"What are you thinking about so much that you have a frown line?" Drakes deep voice caused you to jump. His eyes were gentle, and he seemed to have a lot of empathy for the situation your friend was in.

"Haaa. I just...I don't get her. I don't understand why she is doing this."

"I have an idea. I recorded everything you guys talked about and sent it to my contact in the police department. They will contact Kid and get him in contact with a lawyer."

Your eyes went wide. And your mouth fell open.

"Why would you-"

"He's your friend. And seeing as how you two only slept together once, and the fact that you were willing to let someone look through your phone, I know that you never would leave me for him."

Wait leave him?

"Why would I leave you? That makes no sense!"

"I know it doesn't make any sense, but..."

You knew, suddenly you knew, his previous match had left him for a better match. And you wondered if that was the case for Bonney, if she was already in love with someone than why not just get pregnant and have it be that.

"Drake...I know I am not what you initially wanted, and truth be told I never thought I would ever be matched to someone like you. Someone who was kind, and supportive. I am very lucky that you and I were matched." You smiled at him, and he moved to grab your hand.

"We will help your friend. He seems like a nice enough guy and doesn't deserve to be treated this way."

"Thank you Drake."

"Anytime." He stares at your neck, and a small smile appears on his face. You blushed knowing what he was staring at. "Do you have work tonight?"

His voice was deep and it made your toes curl into your feet.

"Um, yeah I do."

"I'll wait up for you then."

<Three weeks later>

"Y/N, I don't know. If I do this than Bonney will go to a reform camp." Kid was dressed up nice. In a black button-down shirt, and black slacks and some black boots. His nails weren't painted, and his hair was slicked back. You didn't really recognize him.

"If you don't do this Kid, then you'll be forced to join the military, and then what? You're gone for 2-5 years before you can come home, if you even make it back?"

He sighed you were all waiting outside the courtroom, because yep, Kid was suing Bonney. Failure to comply on her part would lead her to be Ousted. And no one. No one. Wants that to happen. The people who this happens to, are made infertile, work the shittiest jobs, get no benefits, housing, health, money nada and are left to die.

"Kid, Y/N is right. She was willing to try to say that you cheated on the matching and was about to get you sent to the military." Killer was fuming, Perona was sitting in his lap playing with his hair. "I can't believe she called Perona to try and get her to help make up a story about you and Y/N."

"Me either! So not cute! She's just jealous."

"About what baby?"

Perona started to braid a portion of his long blonde locks, Killer staring at her.