Chapter XX - Liar

POV Ryuen

(A few hours ago...)

I was lying on a bed next door, while reading the book Akiyama lent me. It was the last chapter.

"What do you think you're doing, Ryuen?" I heard a voice echoing in the ward.

"Kukuku. Decided to show up now? I admit I'm surprised you came up with a strategy like that by getting that monkey (Koenji) to participate in this event, but that doesn't change the outcome, you know that very well."

He sits on a chair with his legs crossed.

"I know that, after all, that was my idea anyway."

"Hmph! Don't give me that, what did you say?"

He points to the girl with the injured leg on the next bed.

"You know this isn't going to work."

Oh, I see. So I was right, that 'mentor' will try to interfere with my teasing Suzune.

"I see. Although I already had a few guesses, thanks to you, I don't need to ask." I replied nonchalantly.

"So the predator is indeed the 'mastermind'. But the prey will be a problem, wouldn't you agree?"

I see, he realized that the 'prey' will not be easy to lock in a cage.

"Kukuku. I have everything in my hands, right now I'm going to make the 'mentor' start dancing in the palm of my hands."

'Although he has indeed fallen into your trap, I very much doubt he is actually dancing in your palm. I don't see you beating him, Ryuen.' Shinichi thought.

He smiles at me. "Okay, in that case what are you going to do with this 'patient' of yours?" Teasing, he points to the girl writhing in pain in her legs.

"Follow the plan. I'll tease Suzune a bit, probably the 'mentor' will try to interfere. But never mind, he has no choice but to reveal himself." Finishing reading the book, I close the cover of the book and throw it towards Akiyama. "I planned to use Koenji as a distraction for later, but I don't think it's necessary."

Getting up from the bed I move away from the place.

Holding the book in his hands, he also stands up.

"I think the 'mentor' also suspects me, although he also suspects the traitor." He informed me.

Kukuku! I see, so he already suspects you have a 'manpower' in that plan? Interesting, maybe I see you two fighting?

"Kuku... And what are you going to do?"

"...Anything." he replies, leaving me confused. "This is just a simple 'test', Ryuen. I'm the teacher and he's my student, you could put it that way."

"And the loli?" I questioned.

"She still has Yamauchi in her hands, she will probably use it for her own benefit. Maybe in the future."

He is right. Sakayanagi isn't silly enough to use that worm as one of her subordinates.

Turning around, I start to walk out of the infirmary.

"I better get back before someone starts to suspect us." He said right behind me.

"Kukuku! Wait for the right moment, Akiyama. Because soon in the future, you will be my opponent."

"Fufu~ Of course, I can't wait for the time to come."

_________

POV Ayanokoji