Chapter XIII - Provocation and Interruption.

POV Ayanokoji

It's been a few weeks since the zodiac exam ended, on my way back to school, I heard a sudden incident at 6 o'clock in the afternoon. The entire school was short of water, due to problems occurring at the Water Department, the entire dormitory received an alert that they would not have access to water for the time being.

For the time being we will stay until tomorrow morning without water. In my fridge I had some tea that would only last one cup, though. I decided to visit Shinichi to see if he was also short of water, but... His fridge was full of water and other drinks.

He tells me that he always buys enough drinks to keep his body hydrated and healthy. What was ironic is his joke about hydration, I swear I laughed a little, but decided to ask him for some water, which he gladly accepted.

But what surprised me is that he wanted to join me for dinner, I tried to refuse but he insisted. He said he would cook dinner this time as I was too average for his taste. Seriously this guy was annoying.

"So, how's your rump steak?" He questions while eating his plate.

Looking down at my food, I picked up the fork from the table, cut a piece of the steak, and took a bite

Looking down at my food, I picked up the fork from the table, cut a piece of the steak, and took a bite. The fat and flavor of the steak spreads through my mouth, like ice melting in my own mouth.

He smiled. "By your expression, I can tell it turned out good."

"...!" My eyes widening a little, I touched my face and realized I was smiling. "It seems so."

"Hehe. Sometimes you're like a child." He said

Before I can answer, the cell phone on my desk starts to vibrate.

Vrr...

Picking it up, I see a lost message from Horikita, what happened?

That's very unusual coming from her. I tried to call her, but she didn't answer, ignoring, I put the cell phone back on the table.

"Who was?" Shinichi asked.

"Horikita."

He gets confused. "What she wanted?"

"She did not answer." I shrugged.

"How strange... Especially coming from Horikita." I agree. "Well, do you want ice cream?"

"Ice cream...?" After hearing the word 'ice cream' it already made my eyes sparkle.

After spending some time looking in the fridge, he picks up a carton of ice cream and tosses it my way.

"...?!" Taking the object in my hands, it was a small box of ice cream. "Chocolate..."

"Eat it soon before it melts." I nodded. He picks up a can of soda and takes a sip, before pointing at my table. "Your phone is ringing again."