Chapter I - Ceremony

POV Akiyama

It's been two months since the Liar Game ended. After that, I had no idea what to do in life or a path to follow. So I asked Fukunaga-San for some information, she told me that there is a school created by the government that gave an employment fee to graduated students.

Which, to be honest, I found suspicious the first time she told me. After a while, she kept giving information about what the school was like and where I could find it, including saying that she graduated from that school.

"Excuse me, sir. Shouldn't you offer this lady your seat?" Asked a beautiful young girl with beige hair.

"Humpf! What a silly way to put it, ma'am. Why would I give up my seat to the old lady? There's no reason to." Answered the blonde while filing his nails.

"You are sitting in a priority seat, wouldn't it be common sense to offer the seat to the elderly woman?" she questioned.

"How silly. Priority seats are just that 'Priority seats.'
with open hands. To offer or not, is directly up to me. Even if you say that kind of thing, there are other people on this bus besides me who could offer you your seat, so you could ask them to-" Before he could say anything else, I decided to interrupt his narcissistic antics.

"Excuse me lady." I raised my hand, catching the attention of both of them, including the brown haired boy sitting next to me. "You could take my place if that's the problem."

"Oh... It's okay young man, I can stand up for a while." She kindly responds.

Although what she said is true, it would still make me feel even more uncomfortable. However...

"It's okay. My stop is almost here, so you don't have to worry about anything. May I?" I extended my hand asking for your permission.

"How kind of you young man, I really appreciate it." Gently grabbing her hands, I lead her to my seat, as soon as I do, I walk over to the beige haired student.

"That was a generous act on your part, did you know that?" She said, with a sweet smile.

"It was nothing. But I have to admit that I wanted this discussion to end once and for all, so I decided to interfere." I argued.

"I understand." She extends her hands towards me. "My name is Kushida Kikyo, I'm from class 1-D."

Being my hands, I give your hands a squeeze. "Akiyama Shinichi, I'm also in class D." I said with a neutral expression.

"Wow! That's awesome, it means we'll be classmates. So that makes you like my first friend."

First? Hein...

Looking around the bus, I see a few male students staring at me with murderous intent and envy. Which I didn't mind.

Looking towards the brown haired student, I see him staring at a black haired girl who was reading a book. Noticing the brown-haired boy's gaze, she also stares at him which makes him look away. However, she also notices that I was also looking at her, which she coldly glares at as if she's about to pierce my head.

Looking away, I start to have some trivial conversations with Kushida, she tells me that she came to this school to get friends, which by her facial expressions, gestures, tone and such things... I am told that she is lying and that she not just looking for just that.