Chapter Eleven: The Aftermath

When everyone got back to the soul society Ichigo's well being became a top priority. He was brought back to the squad four barracks for treatment and was assigned a guard to look over him at all times, she was picked for her specialty in hand-to-hand combat and her stealth ability's. "I thought that your husband was perfectly capable of protecting himself" she mentioned, Byakuya looked at her and nodded "he is" he said clearing his throat "he is" he said again.

The woman glanced at him, clicking her tongue, she sighed "then how did he let a guy like Aizen get the drop on him?" She rhetorically asked "he used up a lot of spirit energy and was injured pretty badly in a fight prior to the Aizen incident" Nel informed the group.

The woman wanted to complain about what was said but held her tongue. "Loreley, give Jasper her body back" Byakuya demanded. Loreley gave the man a look and rolled her eyes "you're no fun Kuchiki" she grumbled. She closed her dark brown eyes. When she opened her eyes, the group was met with beautiful icy blue eyes starring back at them. "Welcome back Jasper" Byakuya chimed. Jasper smiled "it's glad to be back" she chuckled. The six people that didn't know Jasper all looked at her. Jasper chuckled "I can tell by the looks on your faces that you are very confused as to what just happened" they all nodded "well I was born with two souls, when I died in the world of the living I had something called DID or dissociative identity disorder. Loreley is my counter part and, I'm the original personality. Though she does like to take over from time to time, she's more arrogant and blunt then I am" she informed.

The six nodded their head in an understanding matter. "Do you two feel the same about this assignment?" Orihime asked, Jasper shook her head "no, we do not feel the same way about this assignment. Loreley feels as if we're wasting our time guarding someone who can look after themselves, and I see it as a job is a job, I've been assigned to it and there's no point in complaining about it even if I don't like it" she answered shrugging her shoulders. Byakuya rubbed his eyes and sighed, he glanced over to his kids sitting on the floor on Jaspers right. Rin was curled up in a ball with his head in his sisters lap playing with her sandals. Lilith was watching her little brother play with her sandals. She was playing with his hair, bundling it up and letting his hair follicles run through her fingers.

Byakuya got up from where he was sitting and walked over to Lilith and Rin. The twins noticed the large shadow that was casted on them. They looked up and sadly smiled at their father. "Lilith I need you to come with me" Byakuya informed them. Lilith starred at him for a minute then looked down at her little brother "okay" she agreed nodding her head. Rin moved to sit up against the wall and watched his sister get up and leave with Byakuya. They turned a corner and disappeared from his eyesight.

Byakuya slid a door open and let his daughter enter the room and sit down at the kotatsu table in the middle of the room. Byakuya stepped in, sliding the door shut. He went around the room and lit up the candle sticks that were in placeholders on the wall. He stuck the candle that he used to light up the others back into it's placeholder. He sauntered towards the table his daughter was sitting at and sat down directly in front of her. "I know what I'm about to ask isn't going to be easy to answer" he sighed, she looked up from the table. Glancing down at her hands under the table. "What...what do you want to know?..." she mumbled, "can you tell me what happened" he requested, Lilith froze, her shoulders tensed up and her hands started to shake. She inclined her head in agreement, telling him everything.

-Flashback-

Sitting on the chair that she was tethered to, fighting against the ropes digging into her wrists. She could hear her dad scream in pain and agony below her. She watched as Aizen tormented her dad repetitively. Lilith became despondent and lost hope in the likelihood of being saved.

The more she begged him to stop the worse Ichigo's "punishments" would be. It got so bad that he almost lost his voice from the ear-piercing screams straining his throat. Her tears were dry and the only sounds coming from her were whimpers and small yelps. She was no help where she sat tied to a giant white chair, all she could do was watch her dad get beaten and assaulted by the enemy. 'This is all my fault' she thought 'if I was never caught, if I never came, he wouldn't be in this situation' she contemplated. Lilith became depressed, she begun blaming herself more and more.