2.

Elizabeth's POV-

"How was it?" My mom gushed the moment I stepped through the door.

"It was good.." I answered truthfully. "Better than I thought, actually." My mom happily clapped her hands before pulling me into a warm hug. She was really excited, wow.

"I'm so happy for you."

"It's just cheerleading, mom." I shook my head as she pulled away. She frowned. "Where's dad?" I asked quickly before she had the chance to scold me.

"He's running a bit late.." I could see the hurt in her eyes. Dad was always late.. "He said he'll be here for dinner, though."

"Mom, about that - can I go out tonight?" It was Friday, after all and I'm 17.

"Tonight? Where?"

"Just to a hang out with this guy I met--"

"Guy?" She squealed. Oh God, there goes my mother. "Date?"

"I wouldn't say 'date' but .."

"It's a date." She rushed me. "Go, get ready. Do something with that hair. Freshen up." She literally pushed me upstairs. My mom liked boys.

After bathing and changing into a high waisted jeans and a cute crop top, I added little make-up. Some foundation for my blemishes, filled in my brows and some lip gloss. Nothing much. I even managed to tame my hair. I looked cute.

"Aw, look at you." My mom covered her mouth. "Mark and I make really pretty kids." I did not want to think of my mom and dad making children, Jesus. I cringed.

"God, mom." I shook my head. "I'm leaving." I grabbed my keys from the counter.

"Have fun! But not too much fun though!" I softly giggled. She was the one telling me about baby making.

I picked Nique up and then our friend Tiffani. She had purple hair. She was a risk taker. We arrived at 'Pablo's Pizza Place' around 7. Niall had said 6:30 but ya' know how girls are. We found them in no time - probaly because they were making a lot of noise, that seems to be their thing.

"Hey." Niall stood up to hug me. It was quick.

"Curly. You brought a friend?"

"Yup, this is Tiff." She waved to the group which I realised had two additional guys, she mumbled a quick 'hi' before sitting next to Nique who sat next to Louis.

"I'm Liam." He waved.

"Calum." Another said.

"I'm Liz." I smiled and waved a bit. Niall slid next to me with his hand outstretched behind me. I blushed a little.

"God- I need a drink." My eyes followed the voice to that really rude guy from today. He was sitting with a girl.. how did I not notice her before? She was beautiful with her long brown hair and hazel eyes. She giggled.

"You always need a drink, Harry." He whispered something in her ear and by the way she blushed and shyly pushed him away, I knew it was something vulgar. He smirked but it was replaced with a frown upon seeing me. What the hell did I do to this guy?

"You look really pretty," Niall's smooth voice breathed against my neck, distracting me from his rude friend. I turned to face him. My heart beat quickened upon realising that we were so close.

"Thanks. You too." My eyes flicked to his chest hair that was on show because of his black shirt being slightly unbuttoned. I bit my lip.

"I look pretty?" His eyes filled with amusement.

"Very," He chuckled.

"You're funny, curly." He shook his head.

We ordered three large pizzas, which were shared among the group. Nique and Louis had hit it off pretty well. She'd laugh at his jokes and he'd do his signature smirk. Harry (who hardly ever looked in my direction) and the girl- whose name I learnt to be Latisha- mostly talked to themselves. Calum tried to flirt with Tiff but it was not working. He failed miserably. It was funny to watch actually. She was a tough cookie.

Niall was a great guy. He said all the right things and made me laugh, a lot. My stomach was literally killing me by the time the night was over, which was now. We were standing by my car while the others were paired off saying their last good nights.

"Tonight was great." Niall said, his hand brushing through his blond hair.

"Yeah, I had fun. Thanks." I smiled up at him, he was slightly taller than me. He nodded.

"I'll text you?"

"Sure."

"Cool." He hesitantly leaned in and pecked my cheek. His cheeks tinted a red shade. It was adorable. I probaly looked the same. "Later, curly."

"Bye, Niall." I bit my lip as he turned to walk to his car. The girls were already in mine waiting.

"That was fun! We have to do that again!" Nique squealed as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot.

"No." Tiff groaned. "Calum is annoying.." Nique and I laughed.

"He seems nice." I chipped in.

"Yeah? When he is or isn't trying to get in my pants?" I shook my head.

"Let loose, Tiff. You're so uptight." Nique said. Tiff just shook her head, pulling her purple hair into a messy ponytail. After dropping them off, I arrived home around 11. My mom's head was placed on the table next to two full dishes of lasagne and two glasses of wine.

Dad didn't come home...

"Mom." I gently shook her. Her sleepy eyes which were filled with hope met mine and then it vanished, realising that I was indeed not dad. It broke my heart. "You fell asleep on the table." She took in her surroundings and briefly nodded. She sent me a quick smile, which was fake, before slowly ascending upstairs. I sighed before covering the food and placing it into the fridge.

Was dad cheating on us?

I bit my lip trying to stop all the emotions from arriving which would most likely result in tears. I trotted into my room, quickly changing clothes. My thoughts caught up in my parents and their relationship. They were so inlove before, but then dad started to put his job first. Maybe it was a woman at the office. I felt dizzy.

My phone lit up, breaking my train of thought.

'Sleep good, curly♥' it read. My heart swelled.

Niall.

__________

Niall is so sweet.

-Tish