Epilogue 

Atlas

   Six months ago, the love of my life stumbled onto the balcony at some party I can't even remember, looking all flushed and shaken. Even though I always knew who he was, I never saw him until that moment. I never got close enough to know who he really was, and not who people said he was. I never actually talked to him, and when I finally did, I found out he doesn't like littering. The captain of the football team, golden boy, and most eligible bachelor at school actually cares about the earth. He actively tried to take care of everything around him, instead of trashing it and being careless. He was thoughtful, and smart, and somehow more beautiful than he was before walking onto that goddamn balcony.

   I don't know how, or when exactly, but I fell effortlessly at his feet. I fell so fucking hard for him, it should be illegal. If I were able, I'd marry him on the spot. He's a caretaker, but he's never had anyone to take care of him. I want to be that for him. I want to be the one to pick up the pieces when they fall, be the person he runs to when he's having a hard day. I want to be his everything, just like he is for me. He deserves so much, and he doesn't even know it. He's so selfless and effortlessly kind. Forest is a genuinely beautiful person, inside and out. He deserves love, and patience, and protection. He deserves the world, and I will do anything to give that to him. I know for sure that what we have is the realest you can get. He's it for me, there's no one else out there that is perfectly designed to fit me like he is. No one could ever measure up, and I'd never want anyone to. He's more than enough for me. I'm thankful for all the bad shit that's happened to me, because without it- without all the bullshit, the hurt, and the lying- it wouldn't have led me to this moment; getting ready to pick my boyfriend up to go to our senior prom.

   "What tie should I wear? Blue or black?" I hold both of them up to Athena, watching her teasing smirk grow. I roll my eyes and scowl at her, "This is important! I have to make sure I look my best." I turn around and hold both ties up, looking at myself in the mirror. My suit is pretty basic, just all black, and I thought that maybe wearing a blue tie would spice it up. But what if he doesn't like blue? What if it clashes?

"Definitely blue." She tells me, sitting on the edge of my bed. "Hurry up, put it on! You have to leave in, like, five minutes ago." I do as she says, fumbling with the tie and putting it on as best I can. I don't double check in the mirror, because I don't have time. Instead, I race down the stairs.

"Wait! What about pictures?" My dad yells from the kitchen, just as I'm about to step out the door.

"I'll send you some!" I yell back, closing the door behind me and jumping in my car. I jam the key in the ignition, starting the car, and practically speeding down the road. I can't believe I was even worrying about a damn tie, because it won't matter now that I'm late. I'm going to make a horrible impression on his family, well technically Jackson's, but it's his now too. I've also met Jackson's family multiple times over the last few months, because Forest and I can't seem to stay away from each other. In conclusion, I have nothing to worry about. I think.

I've been stressing about today ever since he asked me to go with him in front of that tattoo shop. I'm a pretty calm and confident guy on the outside, but on the inside? I'm internally freaking out. This is an important day, one we will remember forever and associate with our high school years. If I'm on the verge of a panic attack now, I can't even imagine myself at our wedding. They better have an ambulance and some Xanax on standby, because I'm going to need it.

It's not that I'm nervous about going to prom itself, it's just that I want this day to be perfect for Forest. I want him to look back on today forever and not be able to resist a smile. That's why I'm nervous, trying not to fail and ruin the night. Deep down, I know it's not on me to make the night amazing, it just will be. Everything is always amazing when we're together. Plus, Forest says I effortlessly make our time together perfect. He says things like all the time. Once, I asked him why he's always complimenting and praising me, and he said he's trying to make me see myself the way he sees me. And honestly, it's kind of working.