Chapter Two

Forest

"Faster! Faster! Faster!" Coach shouted at us as we ran around the track for the 30th time this practice. My breathing was harsh and adrenaline was pumping through my veins, and I loved it. I genuinely love running. "Grays got you pussies beat by half a mile, hurry it up!" She shouted again. Not to be cocky or anything, but I'm definitely coaches favorite.

I finished my last lap before everyone else, coach high-fiving me as I ran past her and into the locker rooms. I took a quick shower before anyone came in the locker room, I just found it awkward to shower in front of everyone else. They all started rolling in as I was putting on my shirt.

"Do you always have to be such a show off, Gray?" Tony asked. I always think he finds it annoying that I beat him at everything, but it's his fault he only puts half effort into everything he does. Jackson smacked him on the arm and told him to shut up, he's always sticking up for me, even if I don't need it. "What? We were all thinking it."

I sat down on the bench next to me and started putting my shoes on, the two of them bickering nonstop. I love Jackson and Tony is tolerable, but sometimes they can seriously be a pain in the butt. "You know, if you would just try harder, Tony, you might be able to win something for once." I didn't mean to sound like such a cunt, but the truth hurts sometimes. Plus, that's what he gets for Friday night.

It's been two days since the party, and I haven't been able to get that boy out of my head. I don't know his name, I don't know if we go to the same school, hell, I don't even know if his eyes are real. But for some odd reason, he's made some sort of imprint in my mind. Which is bad. So, so bad. I can't go through liking another guy, because I won't be able to do anything about it.

And I'm not sure I'll be able to contain my feelings this time around.

"Oh, fuck you, Forest. I try, and you know I do. I probably try the hardest out of everyone here." Tony snaps, and grabs his things before storming off. I sighed, feeling bad for him and guilty that I made him feel that way. Tony's dad is an ass, like the worst kind of dad you can have.

He didn't leave, though it would be better if he did, but he emotionally abuses their whole family and takes what he wants. I think Tony has tried his whole life to impress him, and failed. I know that feeling by heart, but my parents do it without even being home.

"Gray!" Here we go again. Landon berry smacked me on the back and came to stand next to me in only a towel. The locker room makes me nervous. Landon Berry is one of Tony's many minions, and probably the only one that I can stand, even if it's just a little bit. "Heard you slept with Sarah Friday." He gave me a sly smile and raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"Who said that?" I stood up and started shoving my dirty clothes in my gym bag.

"She did." Landon said, looking a little confused. "Did you not sleep with her?" Landon looked a little disappointed, and I couldn't help myself from saying what I said next. He looked excited before and I didn't want to let him down, plus Sarah made the rumor herself, so what's the harm?

"No, I did, just didn't want her to tell people. Can't let the other ones find out, you know." I smirked as I watched Landon's smile come back, and it made me feel lighter. I like being the reason people smile.

"Thats my boy!" He clapped me on the shoulder again and walked away. I don't know why I do that to myself; play into other peoples lies for a little validation that only lasts a few seconds. I hate when boys talk about girls like that, so why do I do it too?

"Forest, why did you lie to him?" Jackson can read me like a book. It was just us in there now, and I should've known this conversation was going to come.