chapter 19: empty-headed?

𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 '𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

"And... that's all!" Douma pocketed the money in his back pocket, smiling gleefully at you.

You glared at him, however. "Leave."

"No need to be so mean, young L/N!" There was an angry, almost ominous air surrounding you as his hand moved to pat you on the head.

Touya seemed to be on his phone, scrolling through different videos. "Pa..." He whined. "Can we get a cat? They're so silly."

"No." The older blonde answered, a stern finger pointed in his son's direction. "You don't have the time to take care of one. Give me my fans."

Pale blue eyes rolled as he dug into his bag, handing the pair of golden fans to his father before looking at you. "My dad doesn't get it! Cats are so cute... But, you kind of act like a dog. A chihuahua."

What is with everyone calling me a chihuahua?! "Could you both leave? I'm tired, and I'm trying to make myself food."

Touya sniffed the air a few times, his head pointing to the sky before back at you. "That must be why there's a smell of burnt food in the air..."

You gasped in shock, running to the stove and almost breaking down in tears at the sight of the burnt food.

"Fuck you, Touya!"

You sighed, inhaling the cool midnight air as you snuggled closer to your boyfriend. "I enjoy these."

Muichiro seemed to be fixated on a star shining brightly in the sky, his arms looped around your waist.

This time, he'd brought you two jackets just to ensure you'd stay warm. "I've noticed that you've been constantly shivering everytime we go sky-gazing, no matter if you're wearing a jacket or not."

"Something's kind of been eating away at me recently." You spoke. "Muichiro, are we really enemies?"

"I mean..." His voice got low. "Do you still hate me?"

Mint eyes looked down at you as he stared at you expectantly. "Kind of. You're still holding two million yen over my head right now. I'm just saying, do people usually cuddle like this?"

"Make no mistake," He began, "I'm just doing this to keep you warm. The past few days have been cuddling just for necessary reasons, not for romantic purposes."

Your heart panged at his words, much to your dismay. "Cool."

A heavy silence laid between you two as you both awkwardly stared at each other, still in each other's arms.

"Muichiro, have you ever fallen in love before?" You asked.

He shook his head. "No. Nobody's ever caught my eye. You were my first kiss, just like how I was yours."