chapter 11: hard work pays off?

𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢'𝐝 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝. 𝐢𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝.

"Angle the camera this way, dummy!" Mitsuri pouted, smacking the photographer on the head with a rolled up magazine. "Gosh, do I have to do everything around here? What do they even pay you for?"

All you could do was pose and hold your expression as your manager continued to berate the photographer. It was hard not to laugh at her frustration.

Green eyes squinted at the monitor before giving you a thumbs up and smiling. "That one's good! We're gonna use this as the advertisement photo."

Thank goodness. I feel like I can't breathe! Exhaling dramatically, you made your way over to the computer to see the shot of you taken. Your eyes glimmered in excitement at how you looked. Unrecognizable!

You were far too busy admiring yourself to notice the door opening. "Y/N!"

Hearing the familiar voice, you and Kanroji turned around to see Aoi, Kanao, and Nezuko waiting happily at the door. "Oh my gosh!" You squealed.

You ran up and hugged them tightly. "What are you doing here?!"

Kanao hugged you back, her arms loose and gentle. "We wanted to support you. You are a pretty big thing now."

"It wouldn't make sense for us to not come!" Nezuko giggled. "And we brought something!"

You hadn't even realized Aoi was holding something behind her back. As she revealed the item to you, you squealed once more at the green crepe cake sitting in front of you. "You did not."

"Yes, I did." Aoi smirked.

--

"So, you're Y/N's manager?" Kanao asked, cocking her head to the side as she ate another small piece of the cake.

The group had moved to the lobby to sit, all sitting on well-cushioned couches as the cake sat in the very middle of the marble table. Each of you had taken an individual slice of cake to indulge in.

Mitsuri nodded gleefully, sighing in contentment as the matcha seemed to melt in her mouth. "Yep! Y/N is a delight to work with! Who'd you buy this cake from?!"

"I made it!" Nezuko raised her hand in the air. "My family owns a bakery, so this was a piece of cake... literally."

"You made it?!" The pink-haired female gasped loudly. "I'm gonna need to take you with me, 'cause this is so good!"

The group laughed harmoniously. You enjoyed the small moments like this where you didn't need to worry about the responsibilities that awaited you at home.

Maybe signing that contract wasn't an awful idea...

"Cake?!" Dammit. That voice.

"Touya." To be fair, you were grateful to him for defending you in the past. It was a bit heartwarming. But still. he was the son of the loan shark that was putting your family in pain.