chapter 8: untangle it?

𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦.

As November neared, preparations for Culture Day hit you like a truck. Excitement spread all around the school, and it soon became the topic of everyone's conversations.

Yet you found yourself wanting nothing more than to take a nap.

"What if we display all of our work?"

"That's boring. How about we do some sort of arts thing?"

"Nobody is gonna follow along with that. That sounds stupid."

"Maybe a play?"

"Do you think any of us have the coordination to make that work?"

"What about a small booth for food?" You suggested. "It's simple and doesn't require us to do too much."

"Amazing idea, Y/N!" Tanjiro exclaimed. "A small booth for food sounds easy to do!"

Inosuke huffed. "I don't understand why we can't spar. But... if it's food..."

Scattered voices of agreement resounded throughout the room, much to your delight. The students at the school weren't too fond of you after the whole situation, especially the girl population.

"So, it's settled." Kanao spoke. "A small booth for food will be arranged in this classroom."

"Kelphead, I swear if you don't get your shit together..." You hissed.

Frustration bubbled within you as you watched Muichiro screw around with decorations and try to hang them anywhere he pleased.

The rest of your classmates had already left, leaving you and him alone to work on decorations.

It was pretty clear he had no clue what he was doing.

He rolled his eyes to the sound of your voice. "I know what I'm doing, dumbass. Let me do my thing."

Having to witness the dark-haired male struggle with untangling another string decoration got on your last nerve. "How the fuck are you struggling with decorating? Gosh, you really suck ass."

"This one is weird. It clamps shut on me half the time." He held it up to you, showing how the decoration stretched and retracted almost instantly.

You'd seen them before. A new type of string decoration that you could stretch over long distances and clamp shut on the object. It tightens up within a matter of seconds, surprisingly.

You scoffed as you took one end of it into your hand, pinching it between your two fingers. "It's a new type that was just made. People use it more nowadays because it completely tightens around the objects it touches. Don't tell me you seriously don't know that?"

"I haven't had to decorate shit in a really long time, you little shit."

"It's like the measuring tape, but instead of rolling back it tightens on." As a demonstration, you pulled it behind your waist and around you. "See, it extends."