Chapter 13: Fight Your Rival

(Y/N is seen in the cafe along with Tracer.)

Tracer: So? Tell me about yourself.

Y/N: I'm the son of Zechs Merquise, the original user of Tallgeese Armor, and his wife is Lacriose Noin, who used the Mercurius Armor. I also have an uncle who is more experienced, as he has his Wing Zero Armor.

Tracer: And what motivates you to become... you know...

Y/N: Many would call me a vigilante, others would see me as a True Hero. Anyway, my main motivation is to put those with power in their place, break their delusions of grandeur, prove them what happens when they look down on poor, innocent and powerless people.

Tracer: Intense, isn't it?

Y/N: Not exactly, but... anyway.

Tracer: We Overwatch used to be a nice group of agents. Best weaponry, best technology. But suddenly they came into the picture...

Y/N: Union Academy, isn't it?

Tracer: Yeah, they demanded us to hand over our technology to them, but we refused, and then... they framed us for a certain incident... (looks down) When we got aware, any activity linked to Overwatch was banned and considered illegal.

Y/N: (growls) Those monsters...

(Suddenly Tyler comes in.)

Tyler: You must be Y/N Merquise.

Y/N: And you are?

Tyler: Tyler Fang, user of the Epyon Armor.

Y/N: You don't say... okay then, just let me pay the bill, and then we'll solve this somewhere far from the citizens.

(Y/N then pays the bill and activates his Tallgeese Armor while Tyler activates his Epyon Armor. They fly somewhere as they fail to notice a crow watching them as he flies away. Once they go to a deserted town, they land in.)

Y/N: Okay, let's go!

(Meanwhile at Union Academy's Headmasters Room, Ozpin gets a message from Qrow Branwen about Y/N and Tyler going to a deserted town for a Rival Battle.)

Ozpin: Perfect.

(Then Ozpin contacts Ironwood.)

Ozpin: James, I found out where Y/N is going next.

Ironwood: (intercom) Where?

Ozpin: Some kind of deserted town.

Ironwood: (intercom) Understood, I'll contact Winter and the Ace Ops to catch him!

(Ozpin then hangs up as he then wonders what is Y/N's next step.)

(Back to Y/N and Tyler, they are seen in their respective armors as they get in their fighting stances and charge at each other. Y/N kicks Tyler before punching him and slashing him. Then he slams him down. But then Tyler shoots some blasts from his Epyon Armor, blowing him away before tackling him as they crash into an abandoned building before whipping him. Y/N gets up and kicks Tyler again, but gets grabbed by his whip before being slammed down. As Tyler is about to stab Y/N, he gets kicked away.)

Tyler: Damn, you're good.

Y/N: I'm just warming up!

(Y/N then slashes Tyler, who then shoots more blasts at him. As he dashes, Y/N kicks him as a counterattack. Tyler shoots more blasts from his Epyon Armor, but Y/N refuses to give up. They exchange slashes and kicks until Y/N performs a powerful slash from his beam saber, bringing Tyler down.)

Tyler: Damn, you're really good. You're really worthy of becoming my rival.

(Y/N then helps Tyler up, but suddenly his armor detects something on its radar.)

Y/N: Uh-Oh, enemies approaching.

(The Ace Operatives and Winter come in along with All Might.)

Winter: You're both under arrest for murder and property destruction.

Y/N: Are you talking of that piece of junk a certain Issei wannabe used right under your nose? (mockingly) Oh... boo-hoo... let me play a sad song for ya in the world's smallest violin.

Clover: Are you... mocking us?

Y/N: Oh, was I supposed to take this seriously? (sarcastic) I'm so sorry...

Winter: Grrrr... if that's how you want to play... (to Ace Ops) GET THEM!!

All Might: The other armored figure is mine.

(The Ace Operatives and All Might charge at Y/N and Tyler as the screen fades out.)

(To be continued)