Chapter 3

Liam Payne

"She was just plain fit!"Harry boasted. My hands were now formed into fists my jaw clenched down. My mind was jumbled off with rage. Calm down Liam, calm down. Niall was looking at me suspiciously. Like I murdered someone. He was trying to figure out what I was hiding, and I quite wanted to brush it off my shoulder. "Thank gosh I got her number."Harry's smirk was now visible me stopping in my tracks. All eyes trailed to my features my heart stuck in my mouth.

"You what?"My voice was rough and raspy. Harry looked at me oddly in a stiff way.

"I got Mia's number..."He trailed off raising an eyebrow. I could tell my face burning up. Not with bluff, but with anger. I fisted my hands into his t-shirt gripping onto it. His green eyes were wide with terror my brown ones darkening against his.

"Don't touch her. You got that?"I spat into his face. I dropping him the boys all looking at me oddly. Their faces holding a frightening expression. Harry's face of terror soon disappeared.

"Well looky here, Liam Payne has a small crush on someone. Even when he has a girlfriend."Harry's tone sensed humor. This was in no way funny at all. My eyes trailed to the boys when they backed up. We were heading out of the photo shoot studio but this hallway seemed like a way that stopped us.

"I don't have a crush. I-It's just, don't go near her ok? You and you're playful ways are in no match of breaking the girl's heart."I muttered. I looked back up at Harry hurt written across his face. He stepped back a bit Zayn rubbing his back a bit. "Harry I-"I stuttered a bit him shaking his head.

"You know I don't do that Liam. I can treat a woman. I didn't know you were one of those people to not believe in me."His tone was low and painful. He shook his head walking back the boys following after him.

"But guys-"They rolled their eyes continue to walk. "Niall-" His sea blue eyes looked over to me. He looked down a bit following right after Louis. I groaned a bit seeing down on the cold ground bringing laying my legs out. My eyes moved back and forth searching for no one in sight. But something caught my eyes. In the corner my eyes trailed something small. Something black. And I knew exactly what it was. A smile creeped onto my face. I shifted myself up moving closer to the object. A slight laugh came from my mouth. I picked up the action figure into my hands. Batman. I remember when I was a kid. Running around the house pretending I was Batman. Good memories. I fumbled with the action figure. That little boy that belonged to Mia sure loved Batman. Just like me. It was funny, him calling me "daddy". I found a bit strange, but I guess he had no father. Couldn't blame the kid. I guess Mia...changed when we broke up. I guess she decided to sleep with men? Oh I don't know, and I clearly don't want to.

"Ahem" My head whizzed behind me. "I think that belongs to my son."Mia muttered sheepishly gripping onto the action figure in my hands slipping it from my gentle touch. Her outfit showed a bit of her slim figure. Her brown eyes darkening whenever she's around me. Her hair was of medium length. The way I like it. They were in soft curls her eyesbrows furrowed together. "What are you still doing here?"She asked. My eyes trailed down to the marble floor that I was now sprawled out on. My back aching up on the wall.

"Well, we had a misunderstanding..."I trailed off looking back into her big hazel eyes. She rolled her eyes sitting beside me. Our knees brushing each other.

"Let me guess, you got mad that Harry has my number?"She stifled a laughter rolling her eyes once again. I scoffed obviously dazed. A blush was soon forming onto my cheeks, while I fiddled with my fingers.

"Conclusions aren't always correct."I muttered harshly.

"They are when I use my ears."She spat right back at me. I guess she did hear the whole conflict. My fingers were shaking when I looked back up at her. Her eyes were drained of that sparkling brown. Her face paler than usual. "Sometimes you just have to apologize. Apologize for what you did. And find a better way to fix it."Her soft voice spoke a bit louder. I felt this clenching inside my chest. Like someone was crushing it. I-I felt pain?

"Thanks Mia."A smile was formed onto my lips while I tried reaching for her hand. She shifted herself away.

"Harry isn't the only one you need to fix things with."She croaked out standing back up. I followed her suit standing back up as well. I knew every word. Because yes, maybe I did make some stupid mistakes back in the past. But I had interest in Danielle. No one can change that. But I guess I did break someone's heart. Mia's.

"Are we still on we that? I thought we both moved on?"I moved closer to her. When she took a step back. She started shaking wiping at her eyes a bit. I felt a bit...guilty. I guess.

"You missed a lot Liam. I'm pretty damn sure you would just leave again."She whispered out. But I heard her words clearly. I gripped onto her hand while she slipped it away from me.

"It was only three years. I was on The X Factor. You know we both needed a break."My tone of voice was getting louder. Leading Mia to step back a few steps.

"A break isn't something where you ruin someone's heart for another one. Especially when you have someone else's baby."She sneered at me. My heart was on fire. I felt like I was burning into pieces.

"W-What?"I stuttered a bit.

"You know what Liam? Never mind. Because you never understand things and you probably don't care."She spat. Her knuckled were turning white from the little action figure she was gripped. "Now if you will excuse me. I need to go back to work and for my son."She threw me a harsh glare swiftly running around the hallway. This boiling anger was bubbling inside of me. God dammit, Liam. You start everything. Everything. Which is a problem you need to fix yourself.

A/N: If it's short, I'm sorry. :( Please comment or vote. I love getting comments they always make my day and they actually make my heart leap! I love all you readers out there! Also vote, I'm not usually getting enough votes, I feel like this story is nothing. But please share to friends and spread this story around. The next chapter will be longer I hope. Love you and continue reading. xoxo