Chapter 1

Mia Lovenburg

My head was snuggled into the pillow my eyes to dreary to open the slightest bit. I could hear my door creak open and the fast padding of small little feet. I heard a jump and then a big pounding on my bed. I could hear heavy breathing and hot breath fanning over my face. I drifted one eye open seeing Charlie sitting on my bed having a pearly white smile while he stared at me. I lifted myself up stretching a bit and looking down at the hazel eyed blonde three year old laying down his chest heaving up and down.

"Good morning mommy."His soft sweet tone announced while he sat just like me. I gave him a smile and a kiss on the forehead.

"Good morning baby."I replied back while swinging my feet over. He was wearing a pale blue shirt and his diaper while he crawled over to me his pale legs swinging next to mine.

"Mommy, what are we going to do today? Can we go to the park?"His pleads flooded through my head. His vocabulary wasn't very well. He was three years old, give him a break. But it was still adorable as hell. I put my socks over my feet adding onto my bailey button ugg boots. I stood up from my queen bed. I picked up Charlie and balanced him on my hip while his head rested against my shoulder.

"Charlie, I have work today. Okay baby. I know Katherine can't watch you today because she has work today to. I guess you can come with me babe."I answered back giving him a wet kiss on the cheek. He nodded into my shoulder giving me a sloppy kiss on the cheek. I gave him a smile while we walked down the hallway into the kitchen I put Charlie down while he watched me get out the bowls and spoons for the both of us.  I put them on the counter pouring corn flakes into both and then both milk. I put the spoons in and sat them onto the kitchen table. Charlie was following my every move while I put extra cushions on the seat for him to reach the table. He plopped down digging into his cereal. He munched on it slowly while I rolled my eyes playfully at the small toddler. His baby teeth weren't very fully out but good enough to chew anything.

.~.~.~.~.

I grabbed my purse off he counter grabbing my keys in the process. My floral shirt hid my stomach with my high wasted skirt. Charlie's hand was in mine while his chino shorts and plaid shirt was good enough for him to wear with the weather here in London. I picked him up with one arm and a hand while balancing him hoping not to drop the small little guy.

I unlocked the car place fully putting him into the car seat. The straps were difficult to handle but I know I can handle it seeming that I've done it a lot. He gave me a kiss holding onto his batman action figure swinging it around making mouth noises to go along with it. I got into the driver's seat putting the key into the ignition. Backing out of the driveway with the radio silently playing.

I pulled into the parking lot heaving a huff while turning the car off. I unlocked the doors getting out of my car. My feet padded against the concrete going over to Charlie's door. I opened it up seeing his hazel eyes trailing my dark ones. I opened the car door unbuckling the straps against his chest. He hopped out holding my hand in the process his action figure tightly gripped into his hand.

"How's Batman doing?"I asked with a smile towards my son.

"Saving everyone mommy!"He squealed while squeezing my hand. I planted another smile on my lips. Reaching down to give him another kiss on the cheek.

We reached the doors opening them gently when Charlie scurried along. I gave Anne the receptionist a smile when she returned one back. I gently picked up Charlie while he squirmed in my arms again swirling his action figure along. I entered the lift while it took us above while my purse hung tightly on my shoulder.

We entered inside hearing the sound of David, my boss.

"Mia, darling, are you in here?"His questioning tone rumbled. I laughed a bit hearing his footsteps come closer and closer. "Looks like you've brought my favorite munchkin as well."He laughed while looking down at Charlie who was in some sort of trance. I giggled a bit messing up Charlie's hair a bit.

"Well David, how are things starting off?"I asked while sitting myself down on one of the couches. Not only was David my boss but as well my friend. He wasn't exactly...straight, but I was totally fine with that. I didn't care what he was, he was my best friend, he had a brilliant personality, therefore I grew a liking towards him and labeled him as my friend. My best friend.

"Well we have huge clients coming in, meaning spicy hot stuff."He tsked while rolling his eyes back. I rolled my eyes in a playful matter while Charlie was sitting beside me flying his action figure back and forth.

"Who's it this time?"My voice questioned having a bad feeling about this "client".

"One Direction"

That was when my stomach tightened and I felt sick to my stomach feeling my face get pale. Looking down at Charlie. So innocent.

A/N: I know I said this chapter was supposed to come earlier but it didn't. Sorry guys I've been busy with everything and just yeah. So please comment and vote. It would mean the world to me. I wanna know how it feels like to have someone acknowledge your hard work. So please comment or vote. Thank you and have a nice day. xx