Chapter Twenty Five

Can and Sanem had decided to stay quiet about the arrival of a girl in Tarkan's life. " No need to be alarmed just yet."  Can told his wife. Sanem agreed reluctantly, " Ok, but I don't want him to throw this opportunity away for a girl. Let's give it a while, if he's still seeing her in a month or two, then maybe you should have a talk with him." She said, moving over closer to him in bed, sliding her leg suggestively down his thigh.

      Sanem always had a way of getting her point across when she needed to. Can twitched slightly as she maneuvered her body convincingly against his, " You know you don't play fair don't you. But I will have a talk with him." Can whispered, his voice breathless as she climbed on top, straddling him.

      " I play fair....it just all depends on who is willing to play the game." She mumbled, pinning his arms to the bed. " Are you ready to surrender, or do you want a fight." She asked, leaning down, biting his bottom lip playfully, then running her tongue slowly across his lip as if to soothe his injury. 

      She had mesmerized him, as he gazed wantonly into her eyes. " Are you sure of what you're starting my love." He muttered, raising up to meet her lips with force. She pulled away, " What, what are you saying. Am I doing it wrong, or do you not want to join the game." She whispered, still teasing him as she slowly gyrated her body against his. 

      His mouth was dry as he breathed in and out rapidly, " No...you're not doing it wrong.... In an instant he flipped her over on her back, trapping her underneath his body, " You just aren't doing it fast enough." He growled, as he buried his face in the valley between her breasts, kissing and licking her skin.

      A fever-pitched flurry of intense sex unfolded into one of the most memorable nights that they had had in a long time. With both of them spent, weak from the release of so much adrenaline, all they had the strength do to is hold each other. 

      " Can, do you remember the first time we made love?" She asked, slowly stroking the ripples of his chest. Can remembered it like it was yesterday, " Of course I do. It was the best night of my life." He replied quickly, then he thought for a second. " Wait, but...was that a trick question?" 

      She giggled, " No, I was just thinking about how scared I was that night. How completely useless I felt." She told him. He propped himself up on one elbow, looking at her in the eyes, "Useless, what ever made you feel useless. That night was perfect, I had never felt that way before in my life.....so trust me, you were not useless." He said, leaning in to kiss her nose.

      She smiled, but he could tell that there was more to her words than what he was hearing. She wrapped her arms around his neck so tight that it startled him, " Can I just want our child to experience the same type of feelings that we experience. I want Tarkan to find the woman that feeds his soul as well as his body."

      Now he understood, she was still worried about Tarkan and the discovery of a possible new woman in his life. Up until this time she had been the only woman in Tarkans life, she was the one that listened to him when he was confused or trying to figure something out. She was the one he came when he needed something..... now that may all change.

      Over the next few weeks the Friday night phone calls home were becoming earlier and shorter. Sometimes with just as little as a "Hi mom, can you put me on speaker so I can talk to dad at the same time."   He seemed to always be in a hurry, running somewhere to meet with Alara, or Alara was on her way to meet with him.

      They both could tell that this relationship had turned serious, but Tarkan was still not talking about it.  Can's birthday was only a week away, and they had never missed this event as a family,  Sanem had always made sure of that. And the same with Sanem as well, those were their special days and everyone was expected to be there.

      Tarkan spent every spare moment with Alara, they did everything together. So when he called home that week to check in he had forgotten completely about his dads birthday. " Mom, hi...look I'm sorry but I don't have much time. Is dad there, if he is put me on speaker." He told her, as he was towel drying his hair.

      Sanem motioned for Can, as she put the phone on speaker, " Ok son, your dad is here too. So let's get our timing figured out first. What time is your flight next week? We will need to make arrangements to pick you up." She asked, excited for her son to come home, even if it would only be for a couple of days.

      Tarkan was silent for a minute, " Mom, I..I... don't have plans to come home next week. What gave you that idea anyway." Sanem felt a flash of heat through her body, " Tarkan, we talked about it,...it's your dads birthday....and we will have our family dinner." She stated, emphasizing each word.

      Tarkan closed his eyes, inhaling and exhaling deeply. " Oh my god, how could I forget that." He thought to himself. He cleared his throat, " Oh of course mom, I will finalize my travel arrangements and let you know by tomorrow."  He said, shaking his head in disappointment. He had promised Alara they would have a special weekend together to celebrate their 2 month anniversary. 

       After a brief visit, and Tarkan asking how the rest of the family was, they said their goodbyes. " Don't forget to let me know about your flight. Tarkan you know this is always very important." She whispered in the phone before they hung up.

      Tarkan looked at the time, he had only 30 minutes before he was to meet Alara. He would have to check a flight later. He grabbed his jacket and headed out. 

       As he walked along the canal on his way to her flat, he rehearsed in his head just how he was going to tell her that their special weekend would have to wait. He might be able to miss an occasional Friday night call home, but there was no way he could or would miss a trip home to celebrate his dads birthday.

      The thought of being away from her for even a weekend was sitting heavy on his heart, but this was a trip he would have to make. His feelings for her had developed into much more than just a girl to pass his time with. 

      He wanted to be with her every minute of every day, and when he wasn't, she was always there in his mind. She was unique and special, and as he walked along toward her place, he realized that he didn't want to be separated from her.

      He stopped only a few feet from  her doorway..... his heart beating fast. Yes, the thought of boarding a plane and flying away from her for even a couple of days had shaken him.... Put him almost into a panic.

      "What did that mean.... What was he feeling".......He closed his eyes and listened to his heart...

      " Tarkan Divit....you're in love with Alara Aksoy"......He said so calmly to himself..