Chapter Nineteen

It was late morning when Deren rushed into Cans office, " The contract for the software company just came by courier from the lawyer. Shall I call Mr. Sahin and set up an appointment for today." She told him excitedly. This would be a big account for them and she was ready to stake her claim on it.

      Can looked up from his laptop, " Ok, but I want to look over the contract first. I want to be familiar with it, don't want any surprises. Oh, and Metin is the company's attorney, so he will be coming around the agency more often." He spoke nonchalantly, as he looked back at his work.

     Deren gasped, " Metin....are you ok with that Can. What about Sanem, does she know." Can exhaled loudly, " Yes Deren, I'm fine with it, and so is Sanem. We can be professional." He spit back at her.

      "But, I would like for you to take the lead on this campaign, no need to get Sanem involved.  I don't see any reason to dredge up old feelings from the past." He replied, as a hint of jealousy settled in his gut.

      Deren smiled and nodded, " I'll take care of it, and I'll will let you know." She said. She knew Can well enough to know that he wasn't as comfortable with Metin as he pretended to be. "This will be interesting. " She thought, as she walked back to her office. " I wonder if Can was talking about his friendship with Metin....or Metin friendship with Sanem."

      Alara waved from the doorway, as Tarkan headed the street. She watched as he disappeared around the corner. That's when she could finally get her breath. " He has to be the most beautiful guy I have ever seen." She spoke out loud to herself. She closed her eyes and leaned back against the wall of the hallway.

      She took a couple of deep breaths, trying to relax. She covered her mouth with both hands, trying to muffle her giggle. " I hope I didn't act like a fool." She thought, recapping the past half hour in her mind. 

      She felt as if she was floating on air as she danced around the small living room of her apartment. Tarkan was all that she had been able to think about since the night before at the club. She had remembered everything about him, his name, where he went to school, that he was from Turkey, the only thing she didn't know was his last name. But who cared about that, he was handsome, built like a Greek god, and he was a gentleman....nothing else mattered..

       He had been the focus of most of the girls at the club the night before, and she was shocked when he came sauntering over to her a while after they had walked in. She knew he had a few too many drinks,  but just the fact that he noticed her made her dizzy. 

      Then to see him here today at the cafe, it had to be a sign. So what if he hadn't remembered everything about her, he remembered enough to know where to find her. She fell back on her bed that sat in the corner of the room, " And now she will see him again tonight."  She thought, her mind swimming at the thought. 

      She sat up quickly on the edge of the bed, her eyes wide, " What am I going to wear. I have to look fabulous." She spoke frantically to her image in the mirror. In minutes she was ripping through her closet, throwing clothes and shoes about, until she found it.....That dark blue, body hugging dress, with sequins that lined the plunging neckline and the thin straps that draped over her shoulders.

      That dress had been the first major purchase that she had made when she arrived in Paris. The only purchase that had required a call home to her dad for approval of that huge amount. She smiled at herself in the mirror, " Yes, tonight is definitely the night to wear this dress. He won't forget anything about this night."  She pondered, her imagination going wild...

      Tarkan had almost lost his sense of direction as he walked down the street. His head was about as high in the clouds as it could be. "Alara....Alara. I promise I will not forget tonight." He recited to himself, feeling a tingling erupt deep inside him. He knew this would be the start of something he had never experienced before,... something special....something electrifying.

      The next thing would be convincing his friends to come along. Club Josephine's had a reputation of being a bit frilly, more of a place with tiny appetizers and drinks with fresh fruit and umbrella toothpicks that were bedazzled with tiny bits of jewels. 

      A place that reeked of a hundred different perfumes and the music was loud. The DJ's booth would be surrounded by girls, all vying for the attention of the mesmerizing and colorful DJ. That was a girls night out club....

      Not at all like the place they had been the night before. A bar lined with televisions and each one showing a different football game. A bucket of beer on the table and about 20 empty shot glasses sitting about. Most every guy there was cheering loudly for his favorite team as they concentrated on the games, that is until a group of beautiful girls walked in...pulling them away from watching a herd of dirty, sweaty athletes chasing a ball up and down the field....Now that was a guys club... 

      Tarkan was in the middle of convincing Kaan that Club Josephine's  would be the perfect place to go for the evening when Burak came in from the gym. " Guys come on. It's a club full of women, and we would be the minority. And besides, Alara invited us to meet her and her friends there." He stated, hoping that would make a difference. 

      Burak threw back his head, " Look, I'm all for meeting a room full of women, but that place is like going to Barbies Dream House. And half of the girls there are fake." He said, giving the club choice a thumbs down.

      Tarkan looked at Kaan, " Ok, it's me and you then. And when you meet the girl of your dreams there, you don't even have to thank me." He said with a laugh and raising his hand for a high five.

      Kaan closed his eyes, exhaling loudly, " Ok, I'll go with you,  but if I don't get lucky tonight, you will be the one I will blame." He told him, giving him a playful shove. He knew that just being with Tarkan would bring the girls to them. Tarkan Divit was like a chick magnet, the best friend to have when it came to the opposite sex....and the best thing about it was he didn't have a clue of how he affected women..

      Tarkan wasn't sure what time Alara and her friends would be there. The club opened at 8:00pm. so they decided to give it a couple of hours for everyone to get  in the party mood before showing up. 

      It was 10:15 when the taxi dropped them off in front of the club. Kaan looked at Tarkan, " I hope this girl is worth it my friend." He joked, as they opened the door to enter.

       Tarkan smiled, " Don't worry man,...I have no doubt in my mind that she's worth it....