Chapter Sixteen

Tarkan fixed another cup of coffee as he headed back to his room. His mind was filled with all this new found memories of the night before. " Yes her name was Alara, but that's all I know." He thought desperately to himself. 

      " You are one stupid guy Divit. Didn't even ask her last name or where she went to school."  He flopped down on his bed and closed his eyes. Her image was there so vividly in his mind that it made him quiver, but how would he find her. 

      He sat up on the bed, his eyes wide open, " You go out and look for her Tarkan,...that's how." He spoke out loud. He took one more sip of coffee and he jumped in the shower, determined to find her if it was the last thing he did...

      He had never thought much about the clothes he wore, but today he wanted to look a little stylish. But he didn't want to look like a business major at the top business schools in the country. 

      After choosing just a pair of denim jeans, he went for one of his many football shirts of his favorite team, Galatasaray SK. " I mean, how can you go wrong with  a team shirt." He thought as he tied up his boots.

       He glanced in the mirror, running his hands through his thick and wavy, dark brown hair. There was never any need to try and style his hair, it always did what it wanted anyway, he thought, as a few loose strands of hair dropped down over his eyes. He shrugged his shoulder thinking, " Well this is me....Tarkan Divit, from Istanbul Turkey.....

      Burak was just coming from his room as Tarkan started for the door, " Morning, where you off to so early?" He asked, stretching his arms up over his head. 

     " Morning, I've got someone to find today. And I won't be home until I find her." He quipped, with a smile from ear to ear. 

       Burak turned and looked at his friend, " Who.....you mean the girl you wanted to marry last night. Her name is Alara, and she's from Turkey.." He announced nonchalantly. 

      Tarkan stopped, turned and looked at his friend, " She's what...from Turkey. And how do you know this? He asked, stepping closer to Burak. 

      Burak took a step back. The 6ft 3in. frame of Tarkan Divit could sometimes be pretty daunting at times, even for his friend. " Hey man, back off. I talked to her for a bit while you were in the bathroom." He screeched, shaking his head.

     Tarkan took a step back, " Ok, what do you know about her. Where is she going to school? What is her last name?" He blurted out. He couldn't believe that he hadn't found out these things himself.

      Burak shook his head, " Don't know her last name. You came back from the bathroom and told me to get lost...so I did. But I do know she is studying at IFA, a few blocks away." He said, giving him a wink.

      Tarkan smiled at him, " Thanks Burak, and sorry about last night, you know, if I did anything wrong." He said, slapping him on the back as he rushed out the door.

      " Hey you're welcome." He shouted after him. He shook his head, " Like any of the women are going to look at us with you around." He smirked, envious of the charming good looks of Tarkan Divit. 

      "So she goes to IFA...and she's from Turkey. I wonder what city? "  he thought as he rushed down the street toward the school. The excitement of seeing her again was already surging through his body like an electric current. 

      This day had started off badly. With the conversation with his parents and his head throbbing as if someone were using it for a drum, he thought this day would be the worst ever.... But it may just be the best, that is, if he can find her..... 

      He walked the few blocks to the International Fashion Academy in record time. He had it planned out in his head what he was going to do by the time he got there. He would wait outside the school until she came out. 

      He found a small table at Cafe Librairie on the canal that ran in front of IFA. He had seen the cafe many times but had never went inside. It was very unique, a floating cafe/bookstore combined in an old boat that was encased in glass. And it was right outside the school. 

      He ordered a croissant and a coffee, and settled in, determined to sit there all day if need be. 

      The fantasy of her in his head was all he had to keep him company as a couple of hours passed by. All kinds of things began to cross his mind by then, such as....maybe she didn't have classes that day.....maybe she lives off campus as he did......maybe she hadn't told Burak the truth about who she was and where she went to school...

       He shook his head, no she seemed nice, not like someone that would do that, he thought. The way she threw her head back and the sound of her laughter still rang through his head. No, she wasn't the type to lie about anything.

      It was almost 2:00 in the afternoon when he checked his phone. He had been there watching for her for four hours. He took a deep breath, thinking maybe this was a complete waste of time, but how long was he willing to wait there.

     He was looking through his phone, hoping for a miracle. Maybe she had taken his number,  maybe she would leave him a message, or maybe even call, when the sound of laughter, her laughter, echoed through the cafe. He looked up quickly just as her and another girl walked in. 

      He was shocked, no more than shocked, he was completely flabbergasted, as he watched them walk to the front of the cafe. She was mesmerizing, like an angel, and he couldn't take his eyes off of her. 

      She waved to the waitress, " Hi, two coffees please." She called out, her voice making him shudder with excitement. He sat frozen in place, watching every move she made. She was even more beautiful than what he remembered from last night, he thought, as he watched her. 

      Her hair was long, almost to her waist, and it hung in a mass of perfectly coiled ringlets. The color was a little darker than he remembered, but still just as shiny and vibrant. Her skin had a glow about it, like beautifully tanned silk. She was definitely a sight to behold.

      Her friend was the first to spot him. She must have felt someone looking at them, as she quickly looked his way. He wanted to look away but he couldn't. And he was sure they thought him to be some kind of pervert, as his eyes refused to look away. 

      But, she smiled at him and nodded, as she tapped Alara on the arm and pointed toward him. She turned and looked at him, then smiled, " Hi. I remember you from last night." She said, waving at him from the front of the almost deserted cafe. 

      "Do something you idiot......wave or something."  His brain was screaming at him. He wasn't sure how long he sat there with a look of stupidity on his face before he finally smiled and nodded her way. " Hi, yes it's me....from last night. I....I...was just, hmm...having a coffee." He stammered, feeling a cold wave of anxiety drift over him.

      She motioned him to join them, " Do you want to sit with us. Come on, we don't bite." She joked. 

      He smiled and nodded...." Sure. I'd love to." He said his voice cracking from nerves....

" Don't make a fool of yourself Divit..... his inner voice was saying as he walked toward their table.......