Chapter 9

"Somewhere in the multiverse
there's a you and me that works
we never f*ck it up
we're out there still in love"
-Maya Manuela

Seeing Pete walking down the isle stirred something in Kim. He looked ethereal in that black tux, his face as radiant as the sun as he smiles, eyes searching for someone in the crowd. It felt like a deja vu, like one of those nights when Pete would sneak out just to go to one of his concerts. He'd be there in the crowd, eyes looking at Kim, full of pride and love as he watched the man he loves performs another love song, the one he heard Kim singing a demo in his studio a few days back.

This time, however, it wasn't him that Pete was looking for but Vegas. His cousin whom he never imagined in a million years to be in love with someone, or at least not with Pete. But then he stood there, frozen in his spot in this awfully bright and colorful place, watching the love of his life look at another man the same way he used to look at Kim before. And though this was supposed to be a happy occasion, Kim felt like he's attending a funeral instead of a wedding. Because right then, he knew that the beach wedding he promised Pete a few years back wouldn't happen anymore.

Kim didn't know how he managed to keep his cool throughout the ceremony. The only thing he knew is that he's on autopilot most of the time. He sighed in relief when it ended and everyone proceeds to the reception. He planned on not going there but before he managed to escape yet another unnecessary socialization, Tankhun gripped his arms tightly and practically shoved him in the car. Already tired and has no energy to argue and fight back, he slumped defeatedly in the backseat.

The after-party wasn't bad. The drinks were good and Kim found himself nursing a drink the entire time. It's just so loud since Porsche and Tankhun seemed to team up to come up with silly games and they are forcing everyone to join. Yep, everyone including himself.

"Okay, this one's a classic. Spin the bottle truth or dare!" Porsche shouted and everyone cheers, even Kinn who looks like a lovesick fool smiling at his now husband.

"We have to form a circle everyone! Minors out coz we'd be drinking alcohol in this game!" Tankhun added and he can faintly hear Chay and Macau groan at that. The rest laughed at the two who dejectedly went to the corner to watch the others.

"Now spin the bottle Kinn!" Porsche said excitedly, almost jumping up and down and Kim had briefly wondered where did his brother-in-law get all those energy from. The bottle stops at Vegas who murmured a silent 'f*ck'. Kinn grinned.

"Truth or dare?" He asked.

"Dare, motherf*cker." Vegas replied which earned an elbow to the stomach from Pete. Kinn's grin grew wide.

"I dare you to sing a verse from Barbie Girl." That earned a chorus of laughter from the other players while Vegas looks like he's gonna punch Kinn in the face if it wasn't for Pete who's holding his arms and smiling sweetly at him. So he ended up singing, his face contorted like a constipated person. After singing, Vegas immediately spun the bottle and it landed on Porsche. It was Vegas turn to smirk.

"Truth or dare?" He asked Porsche.

"D-dare." Porsche said reluctantly, wary of Vegas' maniacal grin.

"I dare you to pinch Kinn's ears for 1 minute." He replied and Kinn look flabbergasted.

"Payback time, cousin." He said and laughed the entire time Porsche was pinching Kinn's ears, beside him was Tankhun who's religiously holding the timer and is shouting when they reached the 10-second countdown. Vegas was visibly pleased when he saw Kinn's red ears after the countdown. The bottle kept spinning and it landed on Arm who was dared to do a lap dance on Pol but end up drinking coz he insisted that the show he gives Pol is not for public viewing, then to Pete who revealed he had pretended to be sick to avoid movie night once (Tankhun wasn't very pleased). The bottle later landed on Kinn who ended up drinking coz he refused to dance "Boom Boom" and then to Tankhun who was dared to stop shouting (Kinn had enough of his loudness). Huffing, he spun the bottle and Kim scoffed when it landed on him.

"Truth or dare, Kimmy?" He rolled his eyes at the nickname as he weighted his options. If he choose dare, he's a hundred percent sure that his eldest brother would come up with the most absurd thing for him to do. If he choose truth, he could probably work his way around it.

"Truth." He says in a bored tone.

"Tsk. You're no fun." Tankhun clicked his tongue and stop for a moment to think of a question. A moment later, his eyes sparkled and Kim was second-guessing his choice.

"Have you ever been in love?" He asks and unconsciously, Kim's eyes drifted briefly to Pete. The other man lowered his gaze.

"Yes." Kim answers, his heart hammering in his chest.

"Oh my god! This is a shocking revelation. My cold Kimmy had been in love." He shrieks and everyone's eyes shone with curiosity and disbelief.

"Who's the unfortunate person?" Tankhun probed but Kim chuckled.

"That's another question for another spin." He says smoothly even though he's panicking inside. He heard his brother huff in annoyance and they continued the game. Thankfully, the bottle didn't land on Kim again. To calm his nerves, he continued to drink until it was over. As everyone began to disperse, Kim stood up. But as he was about to take another step, he felt his head spinning so he gripped the end of the table for support.

"Are you alright, P'Kim?" He turned around and saw Chay looking at him with a worried face.

"Yeah. I think I drank a bit more than necessary." He replied, a small smile on his face to show the younger he was okay. But he's not. He wants to snatch Pete from Vegas' arms as he watched the two made their way out of the venue hand-in-hand.

"You need help? I'll walk you to the car." Chay offered and he nodded. He wouldn't want to fall to the ground face first. Plus he's so exhausted. The 30-minute ride back to the main compound was silent.

"I'll get you to your room, Phi." Chay offered and Kim was too drunk to decline.

Chay sighed when he saw Kim sleeping the moment he landed on his bed. He wondered why Kim decided to get drunk tonight when he's the least to drink alcohol among the Theerapanyakul siblings. He was about to leave when he saw how sweaty Kim was. He shook his head. "You can't sleep bathing in your own sweat. You'll get sick." He murmured and went to the bathroom to get a towel to wipe Kim's sweat before changing his clothes. A couple of minutes, he was back and Kim stirred in his sleep.

"Pete."

Chay stopped in his tracks.

What did Kim just say?