Chapter 1

The blanket was warm around him. Warm enough to soothe the coldness that he felt-not caused by the November air but caused by some memories that crept into his mind without his consent.
He felt the person next to him shift as he felt arms wrapped around him and he sighs in relief. It feels nice to be held.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Vegas asked because Pete seemed to be in deep thoughts. He's like that every once in a while. Especially during colder nights. He would sometimes see him spacing out in a corner or out in the garden at night, eyes vacant like he's lost in his thoughts.

"My mind is actually empty right now. I'm just basically staring into space and enjoying the cold air." Pete replied. Lies.

He knows when Pete lies. Despite his smiling face and him using humor as a defense mechanism, Vegas can always see through that. He can see the tension and worry underneath the easy-going facade that Pete puts up for everyone.
But he decided to let it go. They talked about this. Both have agreed that when one of them would like to say something to the other, they would say it right away. Otherwise, they would give each other some space before they are ready for a conversation.

"It's kinda late. Why don't we go inside?" He says instead.

"Yeah. The cold is also getting unbearable. We should really go inside." Pete answered while standing up, wrapping himself with the blanket that Vegas brought. Vegas can't help but smile at the sight in front of him. Pete looks like a cute burrito.

"Aw! What was that for?!" Pete whispered shout as he smoothed his cheeks from Vegas' pinch.

"Sorry. Can't help it. You're so cute right now, I wanna bite your cheeks." He grinned unapologetically.

Pete scoffed as he playfully nudged his shoulder to which Vegas had successfully avoided. He stomped his feet as he felt his cheeks and ears getting hotter despite the cool temperature. To avoid getting teased further, he ran towards the main door and he giggled when he heard Vegas shouting 'wait'.

Still running, he sped through the halls until he reached their room. Moments later, Vegas bursts through the door.

"You!" He pointed at Pete and tackled him in the bed.

"Vegas stop. Hahahahaha. Stop! I swear-hahahahaha. Ouch-Hahahahahaha. I'm tapping out!" Pete pleads as he wriggles from Vegas' hold.

"Not until you apologize for leaving me outside." Vegas answered while tickling Pete.

"Okay hahahahaha. Stop-I'm so-Vegas! Hahahahaha. I'm sorry, okay! Stop tickling me please."

Feeling satisfied with his revenge, Vegas stopped tickling Pete and pulled him closer for a hug as they both plopped on the bed.

"You're so naughty, pet." He murmured in in his ears and Pete felt his face flush once again.

"No, I'm not! You're just slow." He tried to sound unaffected but Vegas chuckled and pinched his hips.

"Stop calling me slow or I'll show you how fast I can be." He said in a low and suggestive tone. Pete can't help but roll his eyes. He faced Vegas and cupped his face.

"Calm down, big boy. We'd better sleep coz it's already late and we still have a meeting to attend with Kinn tomorrow. You know how he gets when we arrive late." He said and pressed a kiss on his forehead and then on his lips. Vegas tried to deepen the kiss but Pete pulled away. He groaned at that.

"Ugh! I almost forgot there is meeting tomorrow. I hate seeing that bastard's face again." Vegas sulked and Pete can't help but laugh.

"Hush now, love. You know how important these meetings are. So close those eyes and let's sleep. Who knows? You might get something nice if you behave tomorrow." Pete wiggles his eyebrows and Vegas grinned back at him.

"I'll promise to be good then." He said while tucking them in and hugging Pete from behind.

"Goodnight, love."

"Goodnight, baby. I love you."

"I love you, too. Sleep tight."

A few moments later, Vegas was already asleep. Leaving Pete alone with his thoughts again.

I hope he's not there tomorrow.

He silently pleads before drifting off to sleep.