A loss we never expected..

Y/N's POV

Aonung, Tsireya and me immediately run towards our tent. When we arrive, we see a crying Ronal doing everything she can to help her husband, but it seems to be not working..

He's laying in the middle of the tent, with wounds all over his body. There's blood everywhere. I take a step closer to have a better look.

And my eyes widen.

Even I can see that the wounds are very deep, probably too deep to heal. I don't like to say it, but I'm afraid only a miracle can help him survive this. The only thing we can do is hope and pray for Eywa that she gives him a second change..

"I.." Ronal starts, still crying. "I can't help him.."

My heart stops beating. I look over at Tsireya. Her eyes are watering and her lip starts quivering. Aonung is just in shock, he doesn't show any emotion.

My eyes start watering too, but then I hear Ronal break. She isn't holding back anymore now. All her tears are running down her face, and so are mine. Tsireya and Aonung break too and find comfort in eachothers arms.

I sit down next to Ronal, who is laying with her head on Tonowari's stomach in defeat. I lay my hand on her back and softly caress it.

"You did everything you could.." I whisper in between my sniffles.

Ronal just keeps crying. "Why, Great Mother? Why did you take him from me?"

I don't know what to do. I wanna comfort her, I wanna take her pain away, but I can't. She just lost her husband, her rock in moments of need. They've made so many memories together, went on so many adventures together. They even had children together..

And the clan.. They just lost a great leader, someone they could look up to. Someone I even looked up to. A great warrior who fought many battles with them. But also a kind man who you could always go to for help.

I don't think I can be here any longer, I just can't see him like this. I stand up and walk out of the tent.

The girls are still helping to clean up our village. But then they see me.

Jasmine comes walking up to me. "Y/N? What's wrong?"

The other girls now also come walking up to me.

"It's Tonowari, he just died.." I say. The tears are still rolling down my face.

All their eyes widen now.

"Oh shit.." Nea says.

Elle and Natasha lay their hands on my back to comfort me.

"We're so sorry.." Sabine comes in.

My tears just can't stop falling. Jasmine sees it and comes standing in front of me. She puts her forehead on mine and closes her eyes. I do the same.

"You're gonna be okay, I promise. We're all here for you" She whisperes to me.

I nod. "I know, thank you"

We open our eyes again and Jasmine takes a step back.

"I wanna go to Neteyam" I say.

"Do you want us to go with you?" Danique asks.

"No, it's okay"

"Then we keep cleaning. Come on girls" Jasmine orders.

They walk away and continue the things they were doing.

I walk to the Sully's tent and when I arrive, I see them all standing in their tent. Probably having a little family time.

But then Jake sees me. "Y/N?"

Neteyam, who is standing with his back facing the opening of the tent, now turns around. When he sees me crying, his eyes widen. "Hey.." He starts as he walks up to me. "What happened?"

I can't answer yet, I just need to be in his arms. I need his comfort. And as if he read my mind, he immediately takes me in his arms. He gives me little kisses on top of my head.

"I don't like this.." I hear Tuk say from inside the tent.

I take a deep breath and slowly let go of Neteyam to grab his hand instead. I walk into their tent.

They're all looking at me, waiting for an explanation.

"Uhm.." I start. "Tonowari.. He's dead"

I watch them process the information I just gave them. All their eyes widen.

"Oh no.. Poor Tonowari.." Tuk says. Her cute, big eyes are filling themselves with water now. Lo'ak sees it and puts a hand on her shoulder.

Neteyam squeezes my hand. Probably not knowing what else to say or do. I can see the sadness and compassion in his eyes, though.

"Fuck.." I hear Jake whisper under his breath. Neytiri, who is standing next to him, grabs his arm and caress it.

"It never ends" She says. "Ma Jake, why do they always kill?" I hear anger in her tone. And I totally feel the same.

"If I ever see them again, I will murder them all" I say, also feeling my anger rise now.

But Jake shakes his head. "Girls, revenge isn't always the best option. I know you're angry, but it is what it is. Unfortunately we can't change this situation, eventhough I wish I could. But the sky people are gone now, hopefully for good"

I just sigh. My tears are gone. My eyes are still red and puffy and my cheeks are still wet, but my crying stopped. All I can feel now is anger, but Jake is right. Revenge isn't always the best option, though I would love to see them die painfully.

I can't be here. This situation is too much, I need to progress everything. And I need to do that on my own.

"I'm going to my cave" I say to Neteyam.

He nods. "Okay, let's go"

But I stop him. "No, I need to be alone for a bit"

He looks at me with worry in his eyes. He scans my face, probably hoping to find any answers about why I don't want him to come.

But then he let's go of my hand. "Okay"

I turn around and leave the tent.

God, I feel suffocated here. This feeling better leave soon, otherwise I don't know what I'm gonna do.

We all know how anger can make me do stupid things..

***

ODJFJEB I'M SO SORRYYYY but someone needed to die HAHAH

I'm also sorry that this chapter is a little shorter, but I've got some things planned for the next couple of chapters. This story just keeps going and going;)

Take care of yourselves!

Lot's of love,

Jasmijn<3