Chapter Six

Was I seeing things? I don't understand how this is possible. I killed Danny, I was so sure of it. 

"Should we go over?" Jaden questioned, as the guys shrugged before looking at me; after all, I was technically still the leader. 

"We have no weapons, nothing. If they get a gun we're screw-" The sound of voices cut me off in the middle of my sentences, snapping my head around to the door. "GET DOWN!" I whispered-yelled, closely watching each person who emerged from the house. 

"So McCann is definately here?" Some guy asked. 

"Definately, him and his gang usually stay here over Christmas."

"So boss, what's the plan?" I peered through the bushes, seeing a guy walk out dressed in black. He had a small amount of stubble, but the predominant feature was the tattoo of the dragon that crawled up the left side of his neck. It was unmistakeable. For one of the first times, I felt scared. It was Danny. 

Marissa

"Mommy it's snowing!" Drew yelled, running into the room with the rest of the kids. 

"Yeah, you're right Drew." Hannah answered. 

"Can we go and play in the snow?"

"Drew it's getting late, maybe tomorrow." Truthfully, I didn't want any of the kids out of my sight with this guy following us around. I wonder if the guys found Jason yet. 

"They'll be fine." Hannah answered, practically reading my mind. I smiled, thanking her mentally for her reassurance because quite frankly, I needed it. 

Jason

"Well I've worked out, that the way to get to McCann, is to get to the people closest to him. Who's he more close to than anyone we know? Marissa and his kids." No. He won't lay a hand on a hair on either of their heads. Not a chance. The guys glanced at each other before glancing at me. "We'll talk and drive." He said, as they got into the car and reversed out of the drive. 

"We need to leave Canada- like now." I stated, as the guys nodded. "He's after Drew and Alyssa, I know it."

"Let's go back." I nodded, and began jogging, practically sprinting back to the cabin. For all we know, he could be driving there now, and i've walked for ten minutes, so it's probably no more than a three minute drive, even if he does have to go round. 

"Hurry up!" I ordered them, quickening my pace. Within just a few minutes, we were back at the cabin. The five of us burst through the door, shocking Marissa, Hannah and the kids. "Pack everything, we're leaving." I could see the fear in Marissa's eyes as she noticed my concern. The guys left to pack their things, whilst I pulled Marissa through to the kitchen. "I'm so sorry baby, you were right."

"What do you mean?"

"It's Danny. We found a cabin just a few minutes away from here and its where he's staying." I think it's best not to tell her about how he wants her and the kids, because I know how she will react. 

"Oh my gosh. I thought you killed him." She whispered, clearly not wanting Drew or any of the kids to hear.

"I thought I did too." 

"Let's go pack." She walked out, wiping a tear that ran down her face. 

"Marissa." I turned her around. "I promise you, we'll be fine. I'll reassemble the gang and we'll get rid of Danny, for sure this time." She nodded, but I knew she wasn't convinced as she walked off to the bedroom.

"DREW!" She yelled, making me rush to the room in a panic. "Get down from there." I felt my heartbeat quicken, my breathing becoming faster and faster, before I realised he was just climbing around on the furnature. 

"Pack your things Drew." I told him as he nodded and grabbed his little suitcase from the corner, filling his clothes up. 

"Why are we going home daddy?" Drew asked.

"There's uh- going to be some bad weather." I lied. No son, there's a murderer who your father almost killed. Good thing to tell your son isn't it? 

"But there were blizzards last time?" He questioned. 

"Just pack your things Drew." I retorted, as he nodded and put his head down. 

The thought of Danny being after my wife and kids makes me feel physically sick.