Chapter Three

Before I begin, I want to apolgize for not updating for so long. I've been really busy with school work etc and just haven't had the time to sit down and write a decent chapter. Sorry, thank you for being patient. 

I stepped off the plane, snuggling tightly into my coat as the cold air hit me, even although the sun was beaming. Canada is always freezing this time of year, but since Jason grew up here, he seems used to it, and the cold doesn't seem to bother him at all. Drew and Alyssa were walking in front of Jason and I, as we stepped off the plane last out of all of us. I couldn't help but look back to see if that man was still there, and unsurprisingly, he was. His devilish smirk wouldn't stop as I locked eye contact with him, not daring to look away. I know who he is, why can't I remember him? 

I was snapped out of my daydream when I stumbled down the steps, Jason quickly grabbing my arm before I fell.

"Are you okay?" He asked, adding a small chuckle.

"Yeah fine, I just wasn't paying attention." I shot him a small smile, the worry creeping up inside of me as to who this man was. I looked behind once more, and this time Jason followed my gaze. 

"Who are you looking at Marissa?" He questioned, a stern look on his flawless face.

"What? Nobody." I replied too quickly, and Jason noticed.

"See sweetheart, that's when I know you're lying." He replied, cautiously walking down the stairs and gripping onto my hand as he occasionally glanced back to try and find out who I was looking at. The guy had now pulled up his hood and slipped on his shades, covering the familiar tattoo and making him practically unrecognisable. We made it into the airport, Drew pushing Alyssa in her buggy towards the luggage belt, Jason soon following behind them. I was standing a little further back, allowing Jason to get the cases, when I felt a presence beside me.

"Hello Marissa." A deep voice muttered, and I turned to find the man, his hood still up and glasses still on. 

"Sorry, do I know you?" I asked, even although I knew the answer. I do know him, the only question is where from.

"I know you know who I am." He stated, not once looking at me. "How's Jason?" 

"How do you know me?" I stated with a much more firm tone.

"You'll find out sometime." He stated, chuckling, before walking away. I gulped, noticing Jason looking at me and the guy who was now walking away. 

"Who was that?" He asked, wheeling one of the suitcases over to me.

"No one." I replied, trying to send him the most convincing smile, but I knew that failed.

"Is he the guy you were looking at on the plane?"

"It's nobody, Jason." I stated, the words coming out more harsh than I intended. 

"Why were you talking to him?" 

"Just leave it Jason!" I said much louder, people turning to look at us as I bowed my head down. Jason didn't even flinch.

"Answer me now." He growled into my ear, people's attention still on us.

"I don't know who he is." I hissed in return, walking towards Drew who was watching us intently. 

---

Jason kicked open the door to the cabin, allowing everyone in as he headed straight towards the bedrooms. The whole ride home, he didn't say a word to anyone other than Drew, and occasionally smiled at Alyssa. I didn't even get a glance. Whenever he's in a bad mood, he lowers the whole group morale. Sighing, I followed him into the bedroom which we usually take, angry at the way he's acting. It's stupid and pathetic. I don't have to tell him every single thing, I never have. 

"Jason stop acting like a brat." I breathed, shutting the door behind us as Jason flopped down on the bed. 

"I'm acting like a brat?!" His face scrunched up, "who was that guy Marissa." He demanded. 

"I don't know who he is Jason, I already told you that." 

"What did he say to you?" Should I really tell Jason? 

"Just hello, calm down, there's nothing to worry about." I reassured, but Jason of course, wasn't having any of it.

"Do you think I was born yesterday?!" He yelled, making me flinch. "Don't you understand Marissa? I know I quit the gang five years ago, but there are still people out there, after me, and you don't understand just how much some of them would do in order to get to me. They'll take it to the extremes, they don't-" 

"Well maybe if you had never joined that stupid god damn gang in the first place then we wouldn't have this problem!" I retorted, my arms crossing over my chest as I sighed at him. The room fell silent for a few moments, before I decided that it was probably better to tell Jason. "I saw that guy at the airport, and on the plane. He said he knew me, and was asking about you too." I told him, as Jason's eyes went wide.

"How do they know me? I had my glasses on in the airport." 

"He recognised you, and me." I repeated, as Jason put his head in his hands.

"What does he look like? I didn't get a good enough look at him." 

"Dark hair, tall-ish, he has a tattoo running up his neck." Jason looked at me quickly. "What? Who do you know that has a tattoo running up his neck?" 

"Danny did." 

"Danny's dead." I reminded him. "You killed him." Jason sighed.

"I know, I'm just being stupid." He sighed.

"Jason, it was probably nothing, you need to stop getting yourself worked up." I sat down on the bed beside him, my arm wrapping around his shoulders as my head naturally found its way to the crook of his neck. 

"The gang stuff still worries me." He admitted, his arms also finding their way around me, as I lay back, Jason falling back with me. 

"Everything is fine."