Chapter Five

I first of all want to apologize for not updating, I'm sitting my exams at the minute and i've had literally no time to update. Sorry, and thank you for being patient.

Once we had all finished our meals we stood up to leave, and I noticed the guy getting up also. This was too suspicious. He looked too much like Danny. I made sure Jason had Alyssa and grabbed Drew's hand. I watched as the guy followed us out, and not once did I take my eyes off him.

"Mommy the door." Drew stated, causing me to quickly snap my attention forward and rush out behind Jason.

"Are you okay?" Jason muttered, noticing the evident fear on my face.

"He's here." I told him, Jason immediately snapping his head around and pulling Drew closer to us. When I turned and looked, the guy had gone. He was nowhere to be seen.

"Take Alyssa and Drew to the car, I'm going to go look for him. " He stated, handing Alyssa over to me as he went to talk to the guy. I made sure that Drew and Alyssa were in the car before turning to find Jason walking out of the restaurant. "He wasn't in there." He told me, giving me an almost disapproving look as he got into the car.

"Jason he was definately there."

"You need to chill out." Jason muttered as he began driving.

—-

We arrived back at the cabin after a long and awkward drive. Jason didn't speak to me the whole way home. Drew jumped out of the car and skipped over to Ryan as I grabbed Alyssa, Jason charging inside. Sighing, I followed him inside.

"Here, give her to me." Jaden offered, realising that I was chasing Jason.

"Thanks." Just as Jason slammed the door shut, I flung it back open. "What is your problem?!" I snapped, getting fed up of his recent pissy attitude.

"He wasn't even in there Marissa!"

"Well I don't know where he went but I definately saw him!" I could see this turning into a screaming match.

"You're just being paranoid! We're fine!" He yelled, standing up and edging ever -closer to me.

"Paranoid? I'm being paranoid and just happen to be seeing the same guy everywhere we go?!" Jason just growled and stormed out of the room, leaving a deadly silence behind him. What has gotten into him? Where has this come from? One minute he believes me and the next minute he tells me I'm being paranoid. I left the room and headed into the main living room where everyone was sitting and watching my every reaction.

"Jason went for a walk." Ryan told me as I shrugged and sat down.

"What's going on Marissa?" Jaden asked, as I sighed. I don't want to talk about this- especially not in front of the kids.

"Should we leave mommy?" Drew asked, catching on that this was an 'adult issue' as he likes to call them. "Come on guys." He said, referring to Jake, Monica and Jade as he led them through to one of the bedrooms. I waited until I knew they wouldn't be able to hear before starting my story.

"There's been a guy following us around. He was at the airport, and he was at the restaurant tonight. He talked to me in the airport, so I told Jason. He seems familiar, and when I told Jason about the tattoo on his neck, Jason thought it sounded like the same tattoo that Danny had, but didn't Jason kill Danny?" I asked the guys, looking for any reasurance.

"Yeah, he did."

"I just don't know who he is but he's following us around." Christian, Chaz, Ryan and Jaden glanced around at each other.

"I think we need to have words with Jason." Chaz said as they nodded in agreement.

"Should we go and find him or should we just leave him to calm down?"

"I think we should go after him." Christian stated, grabbing his coat and heading for the door as the others followed.

Jason

I wandered through the woods that surrounded our house. From through the trees and snow, I noticed what seemed to be another small cabin up ahead of me. I proceeded forward towards it.

"Jason!" I heard from behind me, making me snap my head around to see Chaz, Ryan, Christian and Jaden all walking behind me.

"Why are you guys following me?" I questioned, scrunching my face up.

"Marissa told us." I sighed, and walked away from them, heading towards the cabin as they followed me. There was a dark red van sitting in the drive, making me stop dead in my tracks. This is impossible.

"Guys." I stated, pointing towards the van and watching as each of their eyes turned wide.

"That's Danny's gang's van." Chaz reminded.

"Marissa was right- it's Danny." Jaden stated, making me gulp.