41 Criminal

"Sam, southwest rooftop." Steve said as we backed up.

     "Who the hell's the other guy?" Sam asked.

     "About to find out." Steve told him.
I run and jump Steve right behind me as I hit the building below.

A helicopter came over shooting at Black Panther and Bucky, but the bullets just bounced off the Black Panther suit.

"Sam." I call.

"Got him." I watch as Sam flew over kicking the helicopters tail.
I turn back to Bucky as he kicks Black Panther off, grabbing his backpack and ran jumping down the building using the ledge, but Black Panther was quick to follow one using claws I think to slide down the side.

Steve and I follows Bucky's path down before taking off after him and Black Panther.

They jumped down into a tunnel in the middle of busy traffic of course Steve and I follow quickly running after the two.

"Stand down!" A police driver yelled as they sped after us. "STAND DOWN!"

Steve jumped on the windshield causing the car to stop I run over to him and climb in the seat beside him as Steve threw the driver out, climbed in and knocked out the very cracked windshield.
He swerved through the car's but just as we passed Black Panther there was a thud. I looked in the mirror to see Black Panther holding onto the side of the car. Steve took hard turns but staying on the same road trying to shake Black Panther off.

"Sam, we can't shake this guy." Steve said.

"Right behind you." Sam told us.

Sirens wailed behind us as a wall of police cars followed. Steve slammed into the police cars beside us as more came blocking the road ahead. Steve turned going straight through the barricades and onto the other lane following after Bucky.
I watch as Bucky snags a motorcycle ahead and changes back to the normal lane.
Black Panther jumps from the back of our car and onto Bucky's motorcycle.
Pulling him to the side but Bucky uses his metal arm to keep him from off the ground as he threw Black Panther off. Bucky threw something up causing the bit above to explode. Steve turns the car to the side and we both jump out threw his door running over. Steve ran into Black Panther who was standing over Bucky about to hit.
I help Bucky up as more sirens come blocking every way we could escape. Even War Machine jumped down.

"Stand down, now." Rhodey told us as all the police held guns ready to shoot. "Congratulations, Cap, (Y/n). You are criminals."

The police came close forcing Bucky down as they cuffed him. Steve and and Black Panther raised our hands as we are cuffed. Before getting cuffed Black Panther removed his mask revealing his face, T'Challa the Prince of Wakanda.

"Your Highness." Rhodey said.

———

Bucky was separate from us as we were escorted. I sat in the back beside Sam as I fiddled with my wedding ring around my finger.

"So, you like cats?" Sam asked T'Challa.

"Sam." Steve said.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat, you don't wanna know more?" Sam defended.

"Your suit... it's vibranium?" Steve wondered.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my Father..." T'Challa said, I wanted to blurt out, 'He didn't do it,' but I stopped myself and let T'Challa speak. "I also wear the mantle of King. So, I ask you... as both warrior and King... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

"As long as it takes." I say.

————

We stepped out of the car, I looked back to see Bucky being held in a bulletproof glass box and he was fasten in sitting. I looked to the outside to see a man with guards behind him and Sharon beside.

"What's gonna happen to him?" I ask walking over with Steve and Sam.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The Man said.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon introduced.

"What about a lawyer?" Steve asked.

"Lawyer. That's funny." Everett smiled. "See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt."

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam said, meaning his wings as we followed the people.

"You'll be provided with an office, instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour, stay in it?" Everett told T'Challa.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa Said.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Nat said joining us.

"He's alive, that's what matters." I tell her.

"No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned." We hear Tony's voice as we enter the briefing room with glass sound proof walls it was in the middle of a room with many computers and tv's with security footage on the back wall. "Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Nat told us.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences." Tony spoke on the phone walking over to us. "Obviously you can quote me on that, because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir."

"Consequences?" Steve asked as Tony hung up.

"Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony told us.

"I'm not getting that Shield back, am I?" Steve guessed.

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too." Nat told us.

"That's cold." Sam said.

"Warmer than jail." Tony told him.

———

I stood beside Steve as we looked at the security footage, but I only really focused on the one in the top corner with Bucky in the box in a large room.

"Hey, you wanna see something cool? I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely." Tony said, Steve and I sat down. "FDR sighed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941." He put down a box with two pens inside. "Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most."

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war." Steve looked up.

"See? If not for these, you two wouldn't be here. I'm trying to... What do you call it? That's an olive branch." Tony sat down. "Is that what you call it?"

"Is Pepper here?" I asked. "I didn't see her."

"We're kinda... Well, not kinda..." Tony spoke.

"Pregnant?" Steve guessed.

"No. Definitely not." Tony shook his head. "We're talking a break. It's nobody's fault."

"I'm so sorry, Tony. I didn't know." Steve apologized.

"A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to mop up HYDRA... and then Ultron. My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference. In her defence, I'm a handful." Tony stood up. "Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and Mom always made it work."