74 GRC

There is a lockdown at the GRC meeting, threats from a group seeking to stop the GRC's vote on global resettlement. There is a no-fly zone and the area is secured.

    "I'm almost there." Sam says on the radio as Bucky and I walk over to the building.

    "What's the plan?" Bucky asked.

    "Karli's gotta be close. Keep your eyes open." Sam told us.

    "Well, it could be anybody." Bucky said as we passed through the police.

    "Sergeant Barnes. Agent Barnes." The Officers nodded letting us past as we slipped under the police tape.

    "And by the way, I called in some backup." Sam told us.

    "Excuse me, sir. Mrs. Are you two supposed to be here?" We turn around to see an old man.
He touched the side of his face and pulled off his hat and digital mask revealing Sharon. "It's me."

   "Sharon, what the hell are you doing here?" Bucky asked.

    "Relax. No one's looking for me here." She told us.

    "Do I hear Sharon?" Sam wondered.

     "Unfortunately." Bucky sighed.

    "Hey, Sam." She said on her own ear piece. "I thought I'd get the band back together."

    "Thank you. You're risking a lot coming here." Sam thanked.

    "I hear pardons aren't all they cracked up to be anyway." Sharon said.

    "Depends on the therapist." Bucky told her.

    "They'll move on the building soon. Be ready." Sam told us.

———

   "Sharon, Bucky, (Y/n), what's going on on your end?" Sam asked.

    "Nothing." Bucky told him.

    "All quiet." I add.

    "No one's moving towards the building." Sharon says.

    "Karli's not coming in. She's trying to force everybody out." Sam told us as Bucky, I and Sharon walked inside the building. "You guys are gonna have to do something. Don't let 'em out of the building."

We look behind us as Sharon sets off the metal detector walking in.

    "Oops." She smiled.

    "Here's one of them." Bucky looked over at a man. "I'll get the evac."

    "I'm with you." I say following Bucky.

    "Mr. Barnes." A lady who works at the place called. "It's Karli." She handed him the phone.

Bucky took it and put it to his ear.

   "Karli." Bucky asked as we walked down some stairs. "I've done this before, kid. I know how it ends." Bucky scoffed. "You don't think I ever fought for something bigger than myself? That's all I ever tried to do. And I failed twice. You think your cause justifies all this death, but in the end, the nightmares won't go away. You're gonna remember all the ones you killed. Trust me. Don't do this. Don't go down this path." I wait beside Bucky. "Come on, you know I ain't gonna do that. Damn it!" Bucky hung up the phone angrily. "We gotta go."

———

I followed Bucky and we ran down to the garage.

    "Seriously, you two had one job." Sharon sighed as Bucky got on a motorcycle.

We get onto the road and head after the trucks.

    "You worry about your guy." Bucky told her as I got on behind him. "Hold on."
Bucky pressed the petals and the tires screeched as we sped off.

"Well, that's one down." Sharon said.

"How'd you manage that?" Sam wondered.

"Mercury vapor, amongst other things." Sharon answered. "You better speed thing up Sam. The chopper's about to take off."

"Bucky! (Y/n)!" Sam called.

"We don't fly, man. That's your thing." Bucky told him.

    "You're gonna have to deal with it." I say.

———

Bucky turned the corner, we saw the two armoured trucks with the people but concrete barricades had been placed.

    "Get ready." Bucky told me as he sped up. Just as we reached the barricades the bike started to fall forward we jumped off the Bucky crashed into one of the Flag Smashers. I rolled behind the the two.

Bucky and the man both got up and started fighting.  Just as I got up and was about to help someone ran at me.
There was a bang and I looked to the trucks to see a large fire and the people inside screaming.
I the moment I looked over the guy punched me across the face and I stumbled back.

   "That wasn't fair." I tell him before giving him a punch in return.
I block the next couple punches before I kick him in the stomach and he fly's back.
I turn around to see Bucky trying to pull the doors of the truck open. The flames grow bigger and more fierce as they surround the truck.

I run over to him and see a lock.

"Step back." I say. Bucky steps back as I put my hand on the door, the lock sparks and falls off. Bucky then pulls the doors open.
We help everyone out.

"Go. Go!" Bucky tells them.

"Thank you, both, for saving us." A man says before running off.

"You're welcome." Bucky said.

We see John on the ground fighting with the Flag Smashers. Or really John on the ground as two people kick his homemade shield. Another pulled a parking meter out of the ground and ran for John. Bucky ran into the man, knocking him to the ground.

I pull one of the people away from John punching them in the face.
Another one came from behind, I turn around tripping their feet and elbowing the other back.

I turn to see Bucky fall over the edge of a construction site into a pit that was being worked on and made into a building.
In that second I see Bucky fall I am slammed into the fence on the other side.
I guy walked towards me as I pushed myself up. I kicked him in the stomach and I walk over to him. He got up and swung for me but I easily dodged and punched him in the face. But I didn't see Karli until it was too late, she ran at me and kicked me towards the pit. I fell down, I slowed myself down and bit but I still landing on my back in sand.