63 Isaiah

A young man opened the door but we still had the bug screen between us.

"We're here to see Isaiah." Bucky told the kid.

"Nobody named Isaiah live here." The boy denied.

"Look, we just want to talk to him." Bucky said.

"You must not hear what I just said. You ain't getting in the house." The boy stated. "Y'all can leave now."

"Tell him the guy from the bar in Goyang is here." Bucky said. "He's gonna know what that means."

"All right, wait here." The boy told us as he walked away.

"Nice kid." I say.

"How do you know this guy?" Sam asked.

"I used to. We had a skirmish during the Korean War." Bucky said.

The door opened and the boy let us in. "Today's your lucky day. He said he wanna see for himself."

We walked in to see an old man standing there.

"Isaiah?" Bucky said as we walked towards the man.

"Look at you." Isaiah observed.

"This is, uh, Sam. And this is (Y/n) my Wife. (Y/n), Sam, this is Isaiah." Bucky introduced. "He was a hero. One of the ones that HYDRA feared the most. Like Steve. We met in '51."

"If by met, you mean I whupped your ass, then, yeah. We heard whispers he was on the peninsula, but everyone they sent after him, never came back. So the U.S. military dropped me behind the line to go deal with him. I took half that metal arm in that fight in Goyang, but I see he's managed to grow it back. I just wanted to see if he got the arm back. Or if he'd come to kill me." Isaiah said.

"I'm not a killer anymore." Bucky told him.

"You think you can wake up one day and decide who you wanna be? It doesn't work like that. Well, maybe it does for folks like you." Isaiah commented.

"Isaiah, the reason we're here is because there's more of you and me out there." Bucky told him.

"You and me." Isaiah said.

"And we need to know how." Bucky spoke.

"I'm not gonna talk about it anymore." Isaiah picked up a metal tin and threw it causing it to get deeply stuck in the wood wall. "You know what they did to me for being a hero? They put my ass in jail for 30 years. People running tests, taking my blood, coming into my cell. Even your people weren't done with me."

"Isaiah." Bucky tried.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Isaiah shouted.

We turned around and left.

"Sam..." Bucky called after him.

"Why didn't you tell me about Isaiah? How could nobody bring him up?" Sam asked Bucky angrily as we walked in the road. "I asked you a question, Bucky."

"I know." Bucky said.

"Steve didn't know about him? Because you're wife didn't." Sam shouted.

"Sam..." I try.

"He didn't. I didn't tell him, or you." Bucky looked at me.

"So you're telling me that there was a black Super Soldier decades ago and nobody knew about it?" Sam asked.

Police sirens go off as a car stopped by us.

"Hey?" The two Officers stepped out. "Is there a problem here?"

"No, we're just talking." Sam told them.

"We're fine." Bucky said.

"Can I see your ID?" An Officer asked Sam and Sam only.

"I don't have ID. Why?" Sam asked.

"Okay, Sir, just calm down." The Officer told him.

"I am calm. What do you want? We're just standing here talking." Sam said.

"Give him you're ID so we can leave." Bucky told Sam.

"No I'm not giving him shit. We're just talking." Sam stressed.

"Is he bothering you two?" The Officers asked Bucky and me.

"No, he's not bothering us." Bucky told them angered.

"Are you guys seriously doing this? Do you know who this is?" I asked them.

"Hey, these guys are Avengers." The other Officer whispered to the Officer talking.

"Oh, God." His face instantly changed at the realization, going white. "I am so sorry, Mr, Wilson. I didn't recognize you without the goggles. I'm really, really sorry about this. The..." Another police car drove up. "Guys, just wait here, okay? Just..." The Officers got back in their car.

"I didn't tell anybody because he had already been through enough." Bucky explained.

"Mr. Barnes," The Officers walked back over. "There's a warrant out for your arrest."

"Look, the president pardoned him for all that." Sam told them.

"Not for that. You missed your court-mandated therapy. It's like missing your check-in with your PO. I'm sorry, Mr. Barnes, you're under arrest." The Officer apologized.

"No." I shake my head but watch as they lead him to the back of the car.

"Mrs. Barnes I know this is bad timing but my daughter loves you, could I get your autograph?" An Officer asked me as I watch them cuff Bucky and shut the door.

"Are you serious, no." I tell him.

It was night now, I sat in the police station beside Sam.

"When do you think we'll be able to see him?" I ask Sam.

"I hope soon." Sam sighed.

"Sam, (Y/n). I've heard a lot about you two. I'm Dr. Raynor. I'm James's therapist." A lady told us walking over.

"So nice to meet you." Sam shook her hand. "Thank you for getting him out."

"That was not me." Raynor said.

"Then who?" I ask.

"Christina." I hear John call. "It's great to see you again."

"You gotta be kidding me." I sigh.

"You know him?" Sam wondered.

"Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day." Raynor said as John walked over after singing autographs.

"I heard you were working with Bucky, so I thought I'd step in. Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer." John said.

"We haven't finished our work. Who authorize this?" Raynor asked.

"Um..." John pointed to himself. "He's too valuable of an asset to have tied up. Just do whatever you got to do with him, then send him off to me. Got some unfinished business, him and I. You too, Wilson and Mrs. Barnes. I'll be outside."

I look over as they bring Bucky out.

"James, condition of your release, session now. You too, Sam." Raynor instructed.

"That's okay. (Y/n) can go. I'll be out here with..." Sam spoke.

"(Y/n) stays and that wasn't a request." Raynor said walking off.
I sit back down as they leave.