18 Avengers

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asked.

I sat with Nat and Clint behind a yellow taxi as Steve ran over to join us.

"We've got civilians still trapped up here." Clint said.

"Loki." Steve said as we watched one of the things the Chitauri's fly around on pass over our heads shooting at the street that still had people."They're fish in a barrel down there."

The Chitauri's that came from the giant monster crashed on some of the cars on the bridge where we were. These Chitauri were more built for combat.

    "We got this. It's good. Go." Nat told me and Steve

    "Do you think you can hold them off?" Steve asked.

    "Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure." Clint said swiftly taking out an arrow from his quiver and shooting.

Steve and I ran jumping off the bridge landing on a bus that was being shot at and exploded the moment we jumped off and landed in the destroyed street below.

We jumped over cars not slowing down for a second as we made it to where the police were.

    "You need me in these buildings." Steve told the officers as he jumped up on a car. I had my gun in hand watching his back. "There are people inside and they're going to be running right into the line of fire. You take them to the basements or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th."

    "Why the hell should I take orders from you?" One of the Officers yelled.
At that moment a car was blown up behind us, a couple Chitauri's landed on the car around Steve. I jumped up and helped him defeat them.

The officers stared up at before turning to the other police.
    "I need men in those buildings. Lead the people down and away from the streets." The officers stated instructing.

The two of us ran back to where we left Nat and Clint finding them being attacked by more Chitauri. I watch Steve jump in front of the two using his Shield to take them down. I used my weapons and strength, it wasn't a challenge for me to kill theme, after beings used to kill for 70 years it became kinda natural.

Thunder boomed and lightning crackled down, killing the remaining Chitauri that stood around us as Thor came crashing down.

     "What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked walking over to Thor.

    "The power surrounding the Cube is impenetrable." Thor explained.

    "Thor's right. We got to deal with these guys." Tony says as he flew over us.

    "How do we do that?" Nat asked.

    "As a team." Steve answered.

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor said.

"Yeah? Well, get in line." Clint said.

"Save it." I said.

"Loki's going to keep this fight focussed on us, and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild." Steve explained.

"Exactly, we can't kill Loki yet, we need him alive in our favour. If the Chitauri stay in New York, we have a chance, but if they spread through the world we are doomed." I say.

"We got Stark up top. He's going to need us to..." Steve started, but stopped when we heard a motorcycle approaching.

"Banner?" I said as he got off and we walked over to each other.

"So, this all seems horrible." Banner said.

    "I've seen worse." Nat said.

    "Sorry." Banner apologized looking at me and Nat.

    "No, we could use a little worse." Nat told him.

     "Stark, we got him." Steve told Tony. "Just like you said."

    "Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Tony said.

We looked up to see Tony coming round the corner with the giant alien close behind him.

    "I don't see how that's a party." Nat said as Tony lead it over to us. Banner turned around and walked towards it as it crashed through the street destroying everything in its way.

    "Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Steve told him.

    "That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry." Banner said turning around. His skin turned green, and he grew shredding the shirt on his body, only leaving his pants as he smacked his fist into the head of the alien. Hulk gets pushed back from the force the alien was going at before his death. The body flipped over Hulk heading towards us.

"Hold on." Tony said shooting at it causing it to explode.
Thor stood strong only holding up his arm, Steve held up his shield with Nat behind him I standing to far away from him and Clint took cover behind a car. As pieces from the creature fell down. I had no close cover. I looked up to see a large piece from the creatures armor falling towards me. I pray that no one would notice as I watch the piece carefully I hold out my hand and open my palm causing the metal to explode above me leaving me unharmed.
I join the others as the seven of us stand in a circle with our backs facing in.

I look up and see two more of the giant creatures leaving the portal.
"Guys. Look." I say.

"Call it, Captain." Tony said.

"All right, listen up. Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash." Steve instructed.

    "Can you give me a lift?" Clint asked.

    "Right." Tony said walking over to him. "Better clench up, Legolas." Tony said grabbing on to him and blasting up.

    "I got that reference." I say kind quietly with a smile. I remember reading the Hobbit back with Bucky, the Hobbit book didn't include Legolas, but the movie did.

    "Thor, you got to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You got the lightning. Light the bastards up." Thor swung his hammer and flew off. "We stay here on the ground. We keep the fighting here." Steve said to me and Nat. "And Hulk... Smash." Hulk smiled and jumped up a building to a Chitauri.