1 Five Try's

I am (Y/n) Barnes the happy Wife of Bucky Barnes, my friend ever since I was young.
Growing up it would be Bucky, me and Steve, the three of us were always together. My parents died when I was young but Steve's family took me in, Steve is like a brother to me.
Steve grew up to be a rather short and skinny man but he had bravery and strength in his mind, he never knew when to give up.
Often I found myself and or Bucky saving him from fights.

—————

I was sitting in the theatre with Steve after his enlistment got rejected, again.

"War continues to ravage Europe. But help is on the way. Every able-bodied young man is lining up to serve his country. Even little Timmy is doing his part," The screen showed a little boy digging through scrap metal, "Collecting scrap metal. Nice work, Timmy!"

"Who cares?" A man that sat only a couple seats ahead of us yelled. "Play the movie already!" He complained.

"Hey, you wanna show some respect?" Steve whispered to the man but I doubt he heard, or he just didn't care.

"Meanwhile, overseas, our brave boys are showing the Axis powers that the price of freedom is never too high."

"Let's go! Get on with it!" The same man complained. "Hey just start the cartoon."
I could tell that he was bothering everybody in the theatre.

"Hey, you wanna shut up?" Steve said loudly.

"Together with Allied forces, we'll face any threat, no matter the size."

The man that spoke stood up revealing a tall and decently built man that just glared at Steve.

"Would you mind turning around and sitting back down in your seat?" I say annoyed with a smile.
He looked at me before sitting back down.

———

Once the movie ended I was walking a little faster to get home and wasn't really focusing on Steve. I was excited to see Bucky he told me he had something important to tell me when I got home.

At that moment I looked to my side expecting to see Steve but saw nobody.

"Shit!" I muttered under my breath as I quickly turned around hoping to find Steve.

My heels clicked on the pavement as walked back, I stopped when I heard a loud smash from an alley.
I walk down and find little Steve backed up in a corner holding up a garbage can lid as a shield as the man we saw at the theatre stood above him. The man grabbed the lid, ripping it from Steve before punching him across the face.

"You just don't know when to give up, do you?" The Man asked.

"I can do this all day." Steve panted as he steadied himself.
Steve threw a punch but it was easily deflected and returned with a harder punch knocking Steve back down.

"Excuse me?" I say with a smile, "Would you mind leaving my friend alone?" I asked politely.

The man laughed as he looked me up and down. "What are you going do?"

"I gave you a chance." I smile and without using my full force I punch the man across the face causing him to stumble back. With three more punches and two kicks I knocked him to the ground leaving him in pain. I turn my back and walk over to Steve, who lay one the ground watching what just happened.
"Are you all right?" I asked him as I grab his hand pulling him up.