Chapter 43

" Sakthi, you didn't eat anything from the morning, it is not good for your health. I know you don't care about this baby but atleast for your sake have food on time. Otherwise you will faint, please eat this food now " Gowtham requested Sakthi in an unusually calm way and extended the food plate in front of her face. Sakthi's lips smiled mockingly because many nights she had to sleep empty stomach in this house, none bothered about her hunger. But now ?? Things are changing upside down, Gowtham brought food for her and almost he was in a begging state to make her eat. The baby in her womb turned the beast into a human, in fact still he is too selfish and not at all a good man. She knows well that he doesn't care about her life but he is turning out to be a loving and caring father for his baby. She could see a restlessness in his face for the baby, the first time she wondered about fatherhood. But still she doesn't feel any excitement or connection with the baby. But sometimes Sakthi felt to thank the baby for giving her such good times especially when she escaped from his tortures. She wanted to pick up a fight with him by mocking or humiliating him but she restricted herself to not to do such acts. Because now she wants his help to prove her innocence so she doesn't want to spoil this ambiance.

Sakthi silently picked a plate from his hand and started to eat , Gowtham looked at her satisfied. He took a deep breath and sighed relaxed when Sakthi took the plate without any drama. He was expecting a hurricane but not even a storm ,so he was pleasantly surprised. Sakthi noticed his happy face and teased him,

" What happened to you Gowtham?? Do you feel hungry?? You are looking like anytime you are ready to grab my food, do you want a share??"  asked Sakthi without showing any emotions. Gowtham was flying high when she spoke with him normally. Nowadays he was longing for a normal husband and wife relationship with Sakthi. It was not due to the pregnancy before that itself his heart somewhere slipped and started to beat for her.

" No… Sakthi I will not grab your food, don't worry you can eat slowly. You can tell me if you want more, I will bring it immediately" said Gowtham casually. Sakthi's eyes raised up in surprise. She wondered what magic does this baby do with this monster?? She didn't hesitate to ask him the same.

" Gowtham, really do you love this baby so much?? Is this baby so important to you?? But why?? " Asked Sakthi. Now it was Gowtham's turn to get surprised. He remained quiet for a while and looked at her eyes intensely. Sakthi felt somewhat uncomfortable and turned her gaze away.

All of a sudden he moved to her side and sat close to her. She was panicked about what he was upto. His face came near, she got scared about his intentions. Just now she was happy that he didn't trouble her or come closer to her after she became pregnant. But today… he was behaving differently. She cursed herself for asking him such questions about his baby.

Breaking her thoughts suddenly Gowtham laid down on her lap and started to cry vigorously. She was sceptical about his action, because he was quite normal a while ago so she was confused what happened to him? Then all of a sudden he touched her belly and thrusted his face on it. He hugged her tightly and continued to cry. She felt a wetness of tears in her stomach, she felt irked with his touch. Sakthi tried a lot to separate him from her but he held her tightly, his hug was very strong. She couldn't come out from his hold. Finally she gave up when she was tired, Gowtham continued to cry hugging her belly and started to talk with his baby. Sakthi couldn't hear or understand what he was saying, she thought slowly he was getting mad for this baby.

After a while Sakthi felt nausea due to her pregnancy sickness, she pushed Gowtham vigorously and rushed to the washroom. Seeing her rushing, Gowtham too followed her to the washroom. She puked out everything from her abdomen, her head started to spin out of tiredness. Gowtham was holding her head and he was helping her, he cleaned up all the mess. Sakthi saw everything and was surprised. She knew Gowtham has an OCD, now she was really perplexed how he was doing all these things. Finally when she was tired and felt it was difficult to walk,he lifted her in his arms and took her to the bed. He made her sit comfortably and went to the living room to get her juice. Sakthi saw everything silently, she was deeply thinking about something in her mind. She rested her head on the headboard and closed her eyes, the morning sickness draining all her energy.