Chapter 23

"What ??? Gowtham What are you saying?? " Sakthi stammered. She couldn't believe that Gowtham stopped so low to stop her from attending her father's funeral.

He took a long breath and said " Yes you heard right, I said I can't send you"

Sakthi's eyes welled up in tears, she begged him " Gowtham please don't do this. I couldn't see my father's face for last time but at least I can attend his funeral. I want to see my mother, please let me go once " Sakthi felt vulnerable and cried miserably.

Gowtham's stone heart melted seeing her in tears but he didn't show that infront of her. He posed as a cruel man and said mercilessly,  "Anyway all the formalities were over so what was the use for you be there?? If I send you there definitely you will not return then what about us?? I pity you but I can't take such risk. I'm sorry"

Sakthi bend down and held his legs to let her go, " Gowtham I will return definitely I promise you that I won't tell about you to anyone. I will see my mother and return immediately. Please..Gowtham..please…" Gowtham, dumbstruck in shock. He tried to remove her hand from his legs, but she was firm in it. Lakshmi ma felt bad seeing Sakthi's situation, but she couldn't do anything to go against Gowtham. 

Gowtham made Sakthi stand up in her feet, he saw her tear strained face and messy hair. His heart clenched in pain but he remained firm in his decision to not to send her home, " Sakthi listen to me, for your family you were already dead so they would never expect you there. Better you stay back and pray for your father's soul to rest in peace".

Sakthi cried louder helplessly, " Gowtham, I promise you I will return to you definitely. Please trust me I will swear to my mom that I will not tell anything to anyone. Please let me go...". She continued to cry.

Gowtham didn't say anything and stood as a statue. Sakthi didn't know how to get out of this hell to see her family at least once. "Gowtham, if you want you can punish me, hit me, kick me or do whatever you want with me but please let me see my mother once. I will not go near them, I will see them all from far. You can come along with me, I won't do anything against you. Please trust me, take me to my family please Gowtham… please" Sakthi begged with folded hands. Gowtham was stunned to see how she herself surrendered to him to see her family. He always wanted to punish her but now he is not happy to do that even though she herself asked for it.
Sakthi didn't stop her pleads and continued to pester him.

Gowtham's fist tightened in frustration, he rubbed his forehead tensely. Her tears and pain did something to him, but his ego didn't let him to express that. To stop her  from crying, he shouted at her  " Stop it, look Sakthi, these are my final words. I will not let you go to see your family. Better you forget them, only I'm your family, this is your only home. Other Than me you should not think about anyone else in this world". After saying this Gowtham left the place immediately. He took the car keys and rushed outside the compound area hurriedly. He didn't know that his action was going to change his entire life upside down.

Even though after half an hour Gowtham left the house, Sakthi stood in a same place as statue. Her face has tears strained marks, her tears stopped completely it was like there was no tears left in her eyes to shed her sorrow. Her legs become numb to move a little even, her lips turned pale. Even she forgot to blink or breath, she was in a terrible shock witnessing his attitude. Lakshmi ma noticed her state, even though she didn't like Sakthi, she felt the pain of losing her loved ones forever. She was scared thinking about her pitiful state. Lakshmi ma touched Sakthi's shoulders,then shook it repeatedly and shouted her name again and again to bring her into her senses.

" Sakthi... Sakthi… look at me " said Lakshmi ma. Slowly her voice reached Sakthi's ears, she blinked her eyes. Lakshmi ma was relaxed seeing her reacting.

" Sakthi drink this water, you look weak" said Lakshmi ma and fed her water. Sakthi refused to drink it and ran into her room. She locked herself, kneeled on the floor and cried louder.

She asked herself, why are all these brutal things happening to me?? What mistake did I make?? I was accused and punished without knowing the mistake I made. But I tolerated everything to see my family, but now ?? What happened to them ?? I lost my father, I can't see his face, I can't wipe my mother's tears, I can't cry on my brother's shoulder. Oh god what is happening in my life. A stranger stepped in my life and changed my destiny completely, he erased my identity. Will anyone in this world be more cruel than him??  No, definitely no. None of the human beings will stop the daughter to attend father's funeral. He is a heartless, brutal monster. Sakthi vents out her heart ache and helplessness in tears.

After a few hours Sakthi was completely drained out, her eyes became weak to shed tears. She looked at the wall aimlessly, reminiscing about her miserable life. Lakshmi ma worried and knocked the door many times but Sakthi was not in a state of mind to pay attention to that. She continued to lock herself inside and pour her pain out in-between those walls.

Time passed slowly, Sakthi's face changed from pity to anger. She looked different, her eyes turned red and burned like a volcano. She recollected everything about Gowtham and his deceiving. Till now she was skeptical about his behavior and lived as a scared rat but now she slowly turned into a new born Sakthi.

She told herself "Gowtham, you cheated me, separated me from my family, wiped my identity, crushed my dreams and destroyed my life. You made my family believe I was dead, they did my last rites, atlast you turned me into a soulless body by not letting me see my father's demise. I won't let you sleep at peace hereafter, I will swear to make you pay for everything I suffered.". The more she thought about that the more she became revengeful.

" Gowtham, Till today I was desperate to leave you and escape from this hell but now I will not leave you until I see blood in your eyes. You will see a new Sakthi from now on, more wise, more strong and more courageous. I swear on my dead father I will make you feel my pain by losing your entire world, I will crush your arrogance, I will make you cry. I will make you beg in front of me like I turned helpless. I will see your destruction only then I will go away from you". Said Sakthi herself and she took an oath to destroy Gowtham.

On the other hand, unaware about Sakthi's revenge, Gowtham went outside and  arranged a special pooja for Sakthi's dead father. He planned to make Sakthi do that for her self satisfaction and inner peace. He returned home in her memories.

" Sorry Sakthi, I can't lose you. I'm afraid that you won't return to me. I know you are expecting a chance to get rid of me. So I'm restricting you to go to your family. I know I'm doing wrong with you but I can't take risks, I'm helpless sorry Sakthi… I'm really sorry... I don't know what's happening to me but I can't loose you " Gowtham regrets.

To Be Continued...

*********************

Hey Guys!

How is this chapter??

Readers kindly share your votes comments with me. It will be useful for me to write further.

Most importantly I want more comments from you guys to know whether you all like this story progress. Many readers are here silent readers, I request you all to share your comments.
Thank you