Chapter 27: Simeon

Orloff shook his head before speaking again. "I really couldn't care less where you come from of what's your secret. As far as I know, I have met my best friend in the whole world. That's enough for me."

Orloff then went towards me and placed both his overly-large hands on my shoulders. "And because we're best friends, you should know that you can trust me with anything, even your life, because I also trust you with my life, John."

I finally couldn't contain myself. I immediately hugged his large waist and sobbed harder than ever.

"Oh, come on, don't cry on me like that," Orloff muttered. "You're too grown up of a man to do that, especially that your wife is right in front of us."

I let go of him and managed to chuckle because of what he said. "Sorry. I really couldn't resist."

Orloff smiled at me, but his face became serious again after a few moments. "How many already know?"

I wiped my tears while Alana answered him for me. "It's only the three of us. We didn't tell anyone else."

I turned to Alana before Orloff spoke again. "John, you can count on us to keep your secret safe. No one will know until you want them to."

I nodded at Orloff's words. "Thank you very much. I don't know what would happen to me if the others know that I already know what would happen to Joseph. But I swear, I really don't know anything else that would happen in here. I didn't even know what we would all meet each other."

"Don't think about it too much," Alana said. "What's important is that after Joseph's story, you can go return to your world."

"W-what? John has to leave?" Orloff asked, shocked.

"As a matter of fact, yes, but..." I looked at both of them and remembered all the times we were together, and I remembered the other people I have met in this dimension, like Joseph, Potiphar, Bis, Karr, Potiphera, Asenath, Manasseh, Ephraim, and Zafrina. When I remember them, it's as if I didn't want to leave anymore. And if I ever return to my real world, how would Alana and Orloff explain what happened to me to Adeaez?

On the other hand, I also remembered Mom and Dad, even Chuck, Mang Gido, Nanny Imang, Ash, Michelle, Andre, Toby, and Martin, whom I have left in the real world. And even if he's the person I hate the most, one glance at Manuel would probably cheer me up right now.

Instead of speaking my mind, I just said, "Let's not think about it right now. A lot of things will still happen before I leave, so we need to be vigilant."

I know they still wanted to say something else, but both of them just nodded because they know that what I said was right.

When the three of us finally got out of the basement, I asked Orloff, "Where is Simeon being held right now?"

"The one left in the other basement? How did you – oh, right," Orloff said. "He's over there," and pointed to another door near the one we hid in.

"Has he already eaten breakfast?" I asked.

"I don't think so," Alana answered. "Why'd you ask?"

I thought for a moment before answering. "I want to talk to him right now. It's nothing important, but I think it's no joke to be away from your family, especially in his situation." At this point, I remembered Joseph when he was first away from his family. I can also understand their feelings because I'm also feeling it, especially now that I remembered my family and friends that I left in my own dimension.

"Okay, I'll go cook something up," Alana said. "I ate everything this morning, so I need to cook something again."

"Alana, my love, are you perhaps craving for something again so you're eating a lot?" I jokingly asked her. "It's not too long ago that we..." I didn't finish my sentence and stared at her with a sly smile instead.