filler: oldest sibling syndrome

⁎̩͙ ⁑̩͙̩͙ ⁂̩̩͙͙     ⁂̩̩͙͙ ⁑̩͙̩͙ ⁎̩͙

syaoran's pov

mama dropped me off in front of the bookshop in the early afternoon, around one-thirty.

it was located in the upper part of the city, which i really liked. the buildings were more modern and recently built because of the destruction kuvira made years ago.

saying her name gives me the chills. we don't say her name at home. or anywhere my family is. like it's a curse word.

mama gets upset whenever she's brought up. my moms too but it's different with her. cause kuvira killed the original syaoran when he was my age. mama never really got the closure she needed and his death really stuck with her.

the only good thing that came out of that war was the remodeling of the city and how nice the upper part looks now compared to how it looked when my mom was twenty something.

so, like a hundred years ago.

i'm kidding! don't tell her i said that or you'll never hear from me again! i'm serious!

i walked into the bookshop owned by a nice old man and his siamese cat. it's a pretty good business, it's spacious and has a café.

if i didn't offer to work at the family restaurant, i'd definitely work here.

i walk past the display tables of new books and greet the owner briefly. and his cat too.

i walked up two steps, last the shelves organized by genre before reaching the café where mina was sitting. she was seated at a table next to the window while looking down at a menu.

i stop to look at her. how can someone be so pretty? it feels so dorky to be crushing on someone, i swear.

her short, freshly dyed, pink hair, was glowing in the sunlight. her olive skin was glowing and probably smelled like peppermint even though i can't tell from here.

she always wears peppermint lotion, no matter the season. she looks up at me and waved me over.

thank the spirits or i would have looked like a creep if i stood there any longer. i walk up to her, give her a quick hug, before sitting myself down.

"how are you since yesterday?" she asked me, as if we didn't cover that on the phone early this morning.

"i'm better. thanks, mina. i talked it out with my mom, she apologized for even inviting him over, and i said it was okay." i shrugged.

"what? no, dude, it's not okay.."

i hate it when she calls me dude. it's so friendly.

"that asshole ruined your birthday cause your moms wanted dinner and a show."

i roll my eyes. "your words not mine." she chuckled.

"okay, yeah.. but what can i do? what's done is done. it's not like i can go back and convince my moms not to invite him."

"uh, duh, that's be a waste of time travel." she says in a you-shoulda-known-that-already tone. i laugh softly.