𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

⁎̩͙ ⁑̩͙̩͙ ⁂̩̩͙͙     ⁂̩̩͙͙ ⁑̩͙̩͙ ⁎̩͙

lots of time passed and opal was due any day now.

the kids are getting older as their birthdays are later this year. and mako and jiang had told us they were about to adopt a newborn boy.

the baby's mom had passed away and was in the orphanage for the past week.

he was perfectly healthy and was in need of a family, so mako and jiang were quick to sign up.

especially after naoki had expressed that she wanted her own little sibling after seeing how much fun her cousins have with yasuko.

today was a normal day, i was at work with my brothers, korra was at home with the kids, and asami and jiang were at work developing some new doohickey.

and takumi was at his grandmothers new house in the country side a couple miles from jiang's place.

as mako and i were going over a homicide case, he had gotten a call and left me to go over some files.

he came back a couple minutes later.

"hey, wanna go out to lunch? my treat." he asks.

"oh, sure. any reason?" i said, looking up at him.

"just wanted to talk about the baby were adopting. also, we never hang out anymore." he smiled.

"aw, poor mako missed his little sister." i mocked.

"don't be a bitch. you coming to lunch or not?" he sighed out.

"yes, damn. we can go to that new place uptown. bo took me there the other day for breakfast. it was good." i said.

"cool. i'll go tell bo. if he's even in the building." he chuckled. i smiled as he walked away to bo.

our lunch was in some ten minutes but i asked lin if i could take off earlier and she said it was fine.

as i was packing up my stuff, someone tapped my shoulder.

it was this new girl, yuri, that's been working here about almost a year.

she was training for the new chief position for whenever lin would go into retirement.

"clocking out?" she asks.

"nah, just takin my lunch." i sighed.

"oh. but your lunch is in ten minutes. bet you can knock out all kinds of work in that time." she shrugs with a smile.

"i finished all my work. and i'm starving, so now i'm takin my lunch." i said again.

i walked around my desk and she catches up with me, leaving me no choice but to talk to her.

"i really don't think chief beifong will appreciate you leaving early like this. i mean, what would that say about your work ethic?" she asks.

i've been working here since before this bitch knew what work ethic meant. she's literally twenty something.

"i actually asked lin to take off early, and she said it was fine. so how about you worry about you and i'll worry about me."

her smile faded slightly before she huffed and walked away, her pink heels clicking against the floor.

mako walks up to me with his bag on his shoulder.