𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

i walked into the department the next day and it was busier than when i was last here, about two weeks ago.

i walk through the cigarette smoke and indistinct chatter before walking up to lin's office doors and knocking on them.

she calls out for me to come in and i quickly open and shut the door.

"mornin'. whatchu got for me?" i smiled, waking over and leaning on the desk.

"how are you so happy in the morning?" she grumbled. she opened up cabinet and looked through files.

"i dunno." i shrug.

she plops a file on the desk and i pick it up.

"we caught a kid the other day. we ask him a couple questions and she didn't give us much."

"so, you want me to talk to her?" i asked as i opened up the file. i saw an info sheet with the girls photo.

"yeah. she's thirteen, i think. been in foster care he whole life, no family, no friends. kind of a bitch."

"how nice." i muttered, closing the file.

"she in juvie?" i asked.

"just in a holding cell. we still need her for questioning but we can't exactly put her in juvie cause she hasn't done anything wrong." she shrugged.

"alright. i'll go get her." i said. i made my way to the door before turning to face her.

"you know, i was meanin' to ask about you and kya?"

"out." she grumbled.

"ya'll gonna get married too?" i smirked.

she looks up and points her pen at me. "i will stab you right here."

my eyes widen a bit. i nod my head and quickly leave the room to do my job before i go home with one eye.

i do my part for the rest of the day, questioning the girl, filing the work, and questioning other people too. mostly staying inside the department.

lunch break finally came as i was writing down some notes at my desk.

the rookies were starting to leave when one of the taller guys who should be an athlete instead looked over at me.

"hey, we're going to the café. do you want anything or maybe you wanna come along?" he asked.

"uh, no thanks. but if i give you some money, will you come back with a sandwich and a sweet iced tea?"

"uhh.. of course. i know better than to steal from you." he laughed.

"good boy. here." i put the yuans in his hand and he leaves with the rest of them while i finish off the rest of my paperwork.

once i finish, lin walked out and stood i front of my desk.

"hey, sunshine. can i help you with somethin?" i laughed.

"your girlfriends on the phone, she won't leave me alone." she groaned.

"aw, who? korra?" i asked, looking up at her.

"asami. she says it's urgent, but to be honest, i don't think it's all that important,"

"okay. i'll go talk to her." i laughed. i organize the papers and give them to lin before she walked off.