025

The End

San

[Three Years Later] 

I thought I would feel more anxious than I did but I didn't. All of our friends decided to go out to eat for a weekly event but it was my idea to get a more pricey restaurant, it was also my idea to invite Dae. She couldn't always make it because she had to watch after Kyungmin but I made sure to do it on a day she could. 

I knew Wooyoung, and I knew he was one of the rare individuals that liked events, and he liked surprises, and he'd want his family to be there. 

 So after dinner, Yunho kicked my shin, warning me to hurry the fuck up. And I took that as my cue while Wooyoung was looking away, talking to his mom. 

I got on one knee, pulling out the ring box I had stored in my pocket. I didn't even have time to get Wooyoung's attention before his mom was staring at me with her jaw practically on the floor, making him look at me, having a similar expression on his face when he realized what was happening. 

"Holy shit-" I opened my mouth to say something and then he blurted, "YES!" 

His mom slapped his shoulder, telling him to let me get the words out. "You know, this would be really awkward if I said I was just tying my shoe." 

Wooyoung laughed, turning in his seat to give me his full attention. "Just hurry up and ask." 

I rolled my eyes, impatient as always. "I've been wanting to do this for years, actually I'm not sure when I decided that I was going to marry you. It might've been the day of that first party we had together, but I know for sure the day I truly decided I wanted to be with you forever, and ever since then this question had been buzzing in my mind." He opened his mouth, probably to say some smartass comment but I continued, cutting him off. "I want to be with you Woo...what are you doing?" I asked when he grabbed the ring out of the box and put it on.  

Seonghwa sighed, planting his face in his hands. 

"Oh shit! I'm not supposed to do that, am I? Sorry...no continue. I-" He quickly took the ring off and put it back in the box, then sat on his hands. "Go ahead." 

"God I love you." I said, and kissed him. 

"Should we cheer now?" I heard Yunho ask Hwa. 

"This is the closest they're going to get to a normal proposal so yes, we should." The whole table then started clapping and congratulating us which made Wooyoung burst out laughing, the noise music to my ears.

I grabbed the ring before he could and slid it on his finger. "So that's a yes?" I asked, teasingly. 

"Yes, dumbass. I've been waiting, you should've asked me the day you wanted to." 

"I think the night you were high off your ass was probably too soon." I said, sitting back next to him. 

"Well, you said it yourself. I was high so I probably would've said yes." He grinned as me, leaning all of his weight into me. 

"Aw that's so-" Jongho made a gagging noise and Wooyoung threw a straw at him, making him laugh. "I'm joking!" 

I smiled, watching Wooyoung bicker with Jongho and the whole table laugh as Jongho was obviously winning.