Wonder Fun Meat World

~Shouko's POV~

"Wonder Fun Meat World!

We make our beef just right!

Wonder Fun Meat World!

A surprise in every bite!"

Chiro and I were in his quarters, seeing what's on tv. It's been a quiet week lately, so why not?

A commercial showed of four anthropomorphic fast food items dancing and singing. A white take-out box with a cowboy hat. A fry. A drink cup with a mustache. And a meat stick.

"Hey, kids. My name is Captain Beefy Box." The box introduced itself, "And I've come across the cosmos, to deliver you the most delicious meat in the galaxy!"

An image of a woman passing bags to children appeared aside Captain Beefy Box. Happy laughter accompanied the image.

"Come on in and get you Big Beefy Box today." He encouraged, "You'll be surprised by every bite!"

A dark-skinned boy appeared. Captain Beefy Box opened his head and the boy grabbed a piece of meat.

He ate the meat and smiled, "I'm diggin' it!"

Then Captain Beefy Box returned to his friends and resumed singing his catchy theme song. I heard a stomach growl, and it wasn't coming from me.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm a vegetarian. And I have a good reason why. Meat makes me feel sick. Chiro had me try a regular hover-burger, when we first met. I ended up suffering from flu-like symptoms for the rest of the day.

At first, he thought it was because I haven't had meat before, or food poisoning. So, nearly once a week, he had me try meat again. Last month, I was sick for a week from a simple steak dinner. Sorry, Otto.

Chiro sighed, "Aw man. That commercial's making me hungry."

He changed the channel, but the commercial remained. Chiro continued to change channels, but the commercial was still singing its tune. It was on every channel.

"What's going on here? Is this thing on every channel?" Chiro asked.

I narrowed my eyes in thought. Something didn't add up. Why play the same commercial on every channel? It's only just a new food establishment. Or is it?

I agree, my child. Something very strange is going on.

Chiro turned to me, "I'm not sure about you, Snow, but I'm thinking about giving this place a try."

I folded my arms, "I don't know. Something about that place doesn't feel right."

Chiro waved his hand, "I'm sure they'll have a vegetarian menu." Then grabbed my hand, "Come on. What's the harm?"

He dragged me out of his quarters and used his elevator to the Command Center. Nova, Gibson, Sparx and Antauri were already looking over the new establishment in Shuggarzoom.

"Shuggarzoom certainly has gone daft over this new eatery, haven't they?" Gibson noted, as we arrived.

"I think we should try it." Chiro encouraged with a smile, "Come on, Team. Let's go get some eats."

Sparx smiled in agreement, "Now you're talking, Chiro. Pour it on me, baby!"

Chiro and Sparx high-fived. Gibson, Antauri and I looked at each other. Then Otto came in from his elevator, singing the Wonder Fun Meat World theme song.