Shadow Over Shuggarzoom

~Shouko's POV~

It's a calm day in Shuggazoom City, if you don't mind the cloudy weather. The Monkeys, Chiro and I were prepping the Super Robot and restocking on its rocket ammunition.

"More to the left!" Otto shouted to Gibson, as he directed him with the crane on the finger rockets in Fist Rocket 2, "The left! No! No, my other left!"

"I am well aware which direction left is!" Gibson answered, "This remote positioning system is not functioning properly."

Nova and Sparx were handling the foot rockets on Foot Cruiser 2. However Nova was doing most of the work, while Sparx was lounging around. Typical Sparky.

"Well, Sparx. Don't put yourself out." Nova spoke up in a sarcastic tone, "There is one more rocket."

Sparx smiled, "Right. What was I thinking?" He used his magnet to lift the rocket and put it on top of Nova's rocket with ease, "There you go. Anything to help."

"Thanks a lot, Sparx." Nova answered in a hissing sarcastic tone.

She turned and the rockets knocked Sparx off the Foot Cruiser. Chiro, Antauri and I were just finishing preparing Foot Cruiser 1.

"So, are we about done?" Chiro asked, "Cause I can sure use a nice, tasty hover-burger."

Antauri turned to Chiro, "Patience, Chiro. One must satisfy one's duty before one's hunger." Then he explained with a shrug, "And our duty is to make sure the Super Robot is always prepared for the unexpected."

I nodded in understanding. Antauri returned to his duty. Chiro just shrugged his shoulders. Suddenly, the crane lost its grip on the rocket and the rocket fell.

Chiro looked and shouted, "Snow! Watch out!"

I looked and the rocket was falling toward me. I gasped, closed my eyes and braced myself. However nothing happened. I opened my eyes and saw the rocket was just inches over my head, and enveloped by green psychokinetic energy.

I looked across and saw Antauri had his claws summoned, but he wasn't looking at the rocket. His face was still facing the leg of the Super Robot.

Incredible!

"Whoa!" Otto gasped.

"Indeed." Gibson nodded.

"Nice stop!" Nova smiled.

"Whoa, Snow!" Sparx chuckled.

"That's incredible, Antauri!" I smiled.

"Ho-How did you do that?" Chiro asked, awestruck, "You didn't even look."

"The Power Primate, Chiro." Antauri answered, "It can give you vision beyond the use of your eyes. To see without looking."

"See without looking?" Chiro repeated, not fully understanding.

"Basically how a blind monk can walk without getting hurt." I simplified.

"Indeed." Antauri nodded, then encouraged, "You try. Close your eyes. See the missile inches from your head. See what will happen next."