Pit of Doom

~Shouko's POV~

Ugh! Not again! Formless are attacking Shuggazoom City again. And during a nice quiet day. Chiro and I entered our Hypermode and chased after the Formless in the arcade.

"We're in the arcade. There's three of them. Over." Chiro told the Monkeys via communication.

"Roger that, Chiro. We're on route." Antauri answered.

Chiro and I chased after the trio of bad guys. One strayed from the group and turned its attention to Mr. Gackslapper, the owner of the hover-burger stand.

Chiro quickly ran in between the Formless and Mr. Gackslapper, "Don't worry, Mr. Gackslapper!"

Then Antauri arrived and took out the Formless with one strike from his claws. The Formless turned into ooze, Chiro frowned and Mr. Gackslapper smiled, "Them monkeys."

A little later, Chiro and I found the second Formless attacking the ice cream parlor. It exit the store and saw us. The Formless charged to attack and Chiro and I readied to fight back.

Nova arrived and knocked the Formless out before it could touch us. Chiro growled in annoyance.

"Thank the monkey for us, Chiro and Shouko, dears." The female owner of the ice cream parlor, Ma Sheenko, waved with a smile.

I smiled back, "No problem, Ma Sheenko."

Later, we found the last Formless in an alley. It ran from the sight of my shadow above it and bumped into Chiro. Chiro smiled and readied for a fight. However Otto arrived and sawed the soldier in half. The Formless exploded and a bit of it landed into Chiro's hair. Ooops.

The other Monkeys arrived and I jumped down from my location. Antauri looked up and saw another group of Formless.

"More Formless. On the roof." He alerted.

Then the Monkeys took off. Chiro shook his head clean of ooze and we made our way to a nearby elevator. However, when we got there, the doors were closing.

"Hold the door!" Chiro shouted, running toward the elevator.

As his luck, the doors closed before he could reach them. Annoyed and frustrated, Chiro ran toward the stairs. I stared at the elevator with a raised brow.

There was someone in that elevator I didn't recognize. A senior man in black and red sunglasses. Something about that fellow didn't sit right with me.

"Ash! Come on!" Chiro shouted, snapping me out of my thoughts and back to reality.

I quickly caught up to Chiro as we ran up the stairs. Half-way up and Chiro already looked out of breath. I guess he skipped our cardio warm-ups this morning.

We arrived to the top and Chiro opened the door, "Monkey Team, we're here to help."

However, all we saw was the Monkeys with their weapons drawn and puddles of ooze all over the roof.

Otto waved, "Hey Chiro. Hey Snowie."

I put my hands behind my back and joked with a smile, "Aw man, did we miss the party?"