Chapter Eleven

Kat Claire:
Never has a weekend passed by so quickly, at one point I look at the clock and it says 2 PM, the next blink I look and it's nighttime.
We talked about every single guy in our life, everyone who might be of interest, but also all the gross and weird guy's, exes with their new girlfriends. Never have I laughed harder in one night.
At one point we played truth or dared, Cassidy dared me to call my ex. Which of course, I had to do. He picked up so fast, it was insane, even though it was like 1 AM at that time.
The full dare was 'call your ex and ask him if he's willing to hang out someday.' I didn't even have to ask, he asked me before I could say anything. He couldn't stop rambling.
'Hey Kat, I am so glad you called,'
'If I'm honest I thought about calling you a million times.'
'I know what I did was really bad, but I have really changed.'
'Please give me another ch...'
Before he could finish that last sentence I pressed the big red button on my phone. The one I was tempted to press a million times before.
Most important about this fantastic weekend, I only had time to worry and think about James at night, when all girls were asleep. And as usual, I couldn't sleep, if there were a cure for insomnia I would kill for it.

--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--

The light shining through my blinds hit my eyes and hurts my head. Who decided to make sunlight so bright? It hurts every muscle and every brain cell in my mind. If I even had some.
Today is already too much, and it has just started. I would say today is a million times worse than the fun I had yesterday.
It was just 2 days of distraction from the awful school life, where I study my ass off.
A low voice hums in the back of my head, I have to squeeze my eyes shut to be able to hear what the person says. "How long has she been asleep for?" Faint voices follow. "Are the classes really that boring?" This time closer.
Laughter rumbles in my mind and echoes against every wall of my mind, shaking me awake with horror. My entire body stiffens and I sit up straighter than ever, my eyes as large as the dinner plates in fancy restaurants.
A face, the prettiest face I have ever seen, just an inch from mine. The face seems to be male. My eyes get lost along his masculine features, his jawline, his lips, his nose, and lastly his eyes.
So close, so close, so close, too close.
His breath falls upon my cheeks, leaving them with a pinkish-flushed color. I do not breathe, I do not even blink, every moment is a movement toward more desire. Attraction, that's exactly what I feel toward this person at this exact moment. His minty, clean, and flower alike smell gets me falling deep, far away into the world of the unknown.
I want to kill him for feeling this way.
Suddenly he is gone, although it felt like the moment lasted an hour, it only took him two full seconds to pull fully away from me. Leaving me more blinded by the bright lights that shine through the top to bottom windows. To let my eyes get used to this bright lighting I close them for a beat.
When I open them back up, the male figure still seems to be in front of me. Just much farther away.
Shoes tightly tied, so they will not come undone during the day.
Black pants that outline the slight muscles in his upper legs.
A white shirt, covered up by a matching black blazer. The arms of which are very expanded, the muscles in his legs seem nothing compared to what I'm looking at right now.
Finally, my eyes meet his face, the gorgeous face.
"James." My voice is full of shock. Friday he left me high and dry, Monday he is in front of me, staring down at me like nothing ever happened. And just now, I fell in love with him more and more without even realizing it was him.
"That's quite personal miss Claire, I prefer you call me mister Levine." For the first time since I came into this room my eyes scan around, and find about 50 sets of eyes watching us.
"Certainly mister Levine." Without saying another word, he makes his way back to the front of the class, to start teaching again.
When I came into class, mister Winters was teaching, I must fell asleep for at least two hours. I am certainly not tired anymore.

--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--

The entire class I fail to keep my attention once again, it's no wonder teachers are telling me they think I will fail this year, I might actually believe them. My grades are getting worse, I am getting more and more distracted, by a stupid guy. The guy in front of the class, teaching us.
"Miss Claire, will you be kind and please stay, we have to discuss your school progress."
Multiple pairs of eyes stare my way suspiciously. James asking me to stick around after class every day is getting more and more suspicious. I want to see him as badly as he wants to see me, but I don't want him to lose his job.
"No, we have discussed enough, if you are unsatisfied, I prefer you call my parents." That gives me a frustrated look from him.
Somewhere I feel bad, but the other side tells me he deserves this. He stood me up when I needed him the most, he didn't answer any of my texts all weekend, and expects me to be all fun and cozy now. No, I can't do that.
With a swift pace, I gather my things and make sure I am not the last one to leave the class so he can't shut the door in front of my nose.
Almost running through the hallway, I make my way to the parking lot, not bothering to look behind me to see if James is following me.
Deep inside, I hope he will, I hope he follows me, presses me against the wall right here, and kisses me as everyone watches, to show every single person in school that he. is. mine.
A simple click of my car key unlocks my car, it's a simple black car, that does its job. I slide into the driver's seat and am about to close the door when a male figure appears, blocking any way to close the door.
He leans down, "So that's how we're going to play it now?
I give him no reply, I am stunned, shocked, unable to move a muscle. James is here, right in front of me. Hundreds of questions spin through my mind, but only one important one.
'How did he get here faster than I did?'
Seconds of silence turn into minutes and it is killing me.
"Get out of the car." The demanding tone makes me want to challenge him and keep sitting right here, nice and warm. So I do.
"Katherine, I am not playing, get out of the goddamn car." His words sound hectic, but his voice is more than calm, making sure not to lose an ounce of his temper.
"Or else?"
"Don't test me darling." His hand wraps around the car door, holding it open more for me to get out, yet again I don't.
"Why should I take orders from..." I stare him up and down, judging every inch. "You."
"Disobedient already..." A low hum roars in the back of his throat. James is now standing right in front of me, if I had the chance of getting out of this car before, the chance now is fully gone. He is blocking every inch of my sight with his shoulder, as he is kneeling down in front of me.
James's hands wrap around my chin, forcing me to look at him, and only him.
"Just my type." His face comes closer, so close until everything forms one big blur. "Bratty girls." James's other hand wraps itself around my throat, not to choke me because he seems to have no interest in squeezing his hand and hurting me.
At this exact moment, I can't help but fall in love more.
"I'll... G-get out of the c..." The words get swallowed away, together with the nerves.
"Good girl."