Changin' For The Better

detailed mentions of rape
please be careful reading this if that topic is sensitive to you! stay safe , i love you 🫶

( part 4 of the 'august' oneshot series )

𓇼

Your back beneath the sun

Pip laid in that bed on her stomach, soaking in the post-sex-with-Ravi-Singh-bliss.

Well, part of her was, at least. Part of her felt cleansed, and safe, and like she could keep this shimmery feeling forevermore.

The other part, though, just couldn't get that blurred face out of her mind. Those sharp blue eyes staring down at her in the dark, and his tussled blond hair, and his palm digging into her hip, and how still, she had no idea who this man was.

Unless... well, maybe... maybe she did.

Her brow furrowed — she knew the hair, she knew the eyes, she might even have known the shirt he was wearing. But why, why didn't she know his face? Maybe it was just one of the hundred frat-boys there. Maybe she never would know his name, or his face, or whose body had imprinted itself into her mind.

But maybe it was...

Oh, no.

"Max," she breathed, rolling onto her back, sitting up, and clasping a hand over her mouth. "Oh my fucking god."

"Are you okay, Trouble?" Ravi asked, peering out of the bathroom as he slipped his pajama shirt on.

"I —" she started, lip quivering, eyes brimming with tears and a thousand stories begging to be told. "Um..."

His brow creased with concern and he quickly ducked into the bathroom to slip into his pajama pants before sitting himself in front of her on the bed; the seashell patterned sheets creasing beneath him.

"Talk to me, Pip. What's wrong?"

She bit her lip, trying to focus her vision on Ravi, trying to make out his face. Could she tell him?

God, after they'd just had sex, Pip was going to tell him that she was raped and technically I wasn't a virgin and technically you weren't my first — but, no, technically she was a virgin. She wasn't the one having the sex, that night. Technically, Ravi was her first.

That was confusing, wasn't it?

"Pip?" Ravi asked, pulling her out of her own thoughts.

"I was raped." She said it quickly, almost as one word, and suddenly she was certain she would either sink into the ground and let it swallow her whole, or she would get sick.

Pip's eyes had widened as if she didn't quite believe it herself — it was her first time saying it out loud. Accepting the fact. Her lip quivered, harsh as ever, and tears fought to fall.

"I'm sorry, I-I shouldn't have said anything," she whispered, pushing herself out of bed and attempting to walk, but her legs were shaking terribly and it was like she was learning to walk all over again.

With her wobbling legs it wasn't the easiest thing to scurry around the bedroom, searching for her clothes.

Thank god Ravi stopped her — her legs were about to give out.