Wanting Was Enough

implied mentions of rape
please be careful reading this if that topic is sensitive to you! stay safe , i love you 🫶

; 𓇼

' and i can see us twisted in bedsheets . . . '

————— smut warning !

The rain pattering against the windows, mixed with the waves gently crashing against the beach, mixed with Midnight Rain by Taylor Swift humming in the background made this entire experience just the way she'd imagined it.

And when Pip shivered, a reedy cry slipping past her lips, Ravi pulled away and looked up at her with those gorgeous brown eyes of his. So tenderly, with the softest of voices, he asked, "Um, did you finish?"

Pip panted, chest rising and falling as she stared down at him, trying to remember what she usually did in moments like these when she was on her own. She gave herself a moment to de-fog her brain, watching the window, before she looked back down at him. "Yes," and with one more deep breath. "Thank you."

Ravi laughed softly, and as he pulled himself up, he pulled her underwear back up, too. "You're very welcome, Pip. You alright?"

"Better than ever."

"You sure?"

She looked up at him through heavy lashes and nodded, biting at the inside of her lip.

He studied her eyes for a moment — the fogginess clouding over them, the way they were half-lidded, and not to mention, the pout in her lip.

"I know what those eyes mean," he whispered, leaning close and pressing a kiss to her neck. "Come here, pretty girl."

Her breath must've caught in the back of her throat by the way her face was flushing such a furious pink.

And, hey, when had he began to kiss her again? When did she start pressing her chest into his and god, why couldn't she let him go? Her arms wrapped around his neck or her fingers in his hair, it didn't matter which one, she could not let him go.

Ravi's hand slowly, gently, began to trail up and down Pip's stomach, and he breathed out something similar to a laugh as he watched her shudder.

"Oh, Sarge..." he whispered, eyes sparkling down at her. "Well, tell me what you want, I can't read your mind, Trouble."

August sipped away like a bottle of wine

"You, Ravi," she breathed, her fingers trailing up his back and tangling in his hair. "You're all I want."

He sucked in a sharp breath, because wow, he had never seen her like this, and he thought he could get used to it.

"Please," she added with a soft laugh, and Ravi couldn't help but laugh, too.

"Well, since you asked so politely." He kissed her one last time before he stood, crossing the room to grab his jeans, and pulling something out of the back pocket.

Pip heard the tear, and suddenly, she wasn't sure if she could breathe. Was she back in that dark room again, noise funneling through the door? She had to be.

Only , no, the rain tapping against the windows and the waves crashing in the distance, they brought her back. That mixed with Ravi's lips gently peppering kisses to her neck again.

"You alright?" He asked again, so sweetly, so softly.

"Yeah," she coughed. "Um, just...thinking."

"Do you...uh, do you need a minute?"

"No, no, I'm all good. Can you... um..."

"Oh, of course," he breathed, pressing a quick kiss to her nose. "Sorry, Trouble."

She laughed softly, throwing her arms around his neck and pulling him in for another kiss as he situated himself.

Their fingers found each other again, intertwining, and just as Fade Into You began to play, Ravi did his best to gently slip inside.

The quiet gasp that slipped through Pip's lips told him that he must've done alright. Maybe, he'd even done good.

He gave her — and, if he were being honest, himself — a moment to adjust, watching Pip's chest rise and fall, before he began to move.

Pip rolled her hips to the same gentle beat, and their lips only pulled apart for the occasional moan or deep breath.

His hand cradled her lower back while hers held his head, fingers tangling in that shaggy black hair of his. There was a strange part of her that thought the way her lipstick had smeared over both their lips might've been attractive.

"You look like," she panted as she spoke. "You look like a mess, Ravi."

He giggled, because he knew he did. She did too, but he wasn't going to tell her that. Because though she looked like a mess, god, did she look like art.

Cause you were never mine

"I think," Ravi exhaled, pressing his lips to hers again. "I think I love you, Pip."

Pip sucked in a sharp breath as she gasped, because somehow, just like that, everything felt so real. Suddenly, every touch felt like magic and every kiss sent butterflies through her stomach and —

"I think I love you too, Ravi," she admitted, and for what felt like the millionth time that rainy afternoon, their lips pressed together again.

It wasn't long until Ravi's gentle thrusts began to get sloppy, and he apologized quietly under his breath as he continued to pepper Pip's face with kisses in an attempt to make up for it.

Thanks to those kisses, she didn't mind all that much. Well, that and the fact that she could feel something pulling in her core — tightening and unraveling at the same time.

And so, for those last few seconds of bliss, she pressed her lips against his for the last time, hers working against his in a passionate fight.

When Pip finished with a soft moan, Ravi moved to pull out, still holding her close, but Pip stopped him, grabbing his wrist.

"No," she breathed. "I want you to feel good, Ravi. You - You have a condom, it's okay."

No girl had ever let him do that, Pip could tell. "Are you...are you sure?"

"Please, Ravi."

And so, though it was entirely overstimulating for Pip, part of it still felt magical. Even the tears that began to fall had Pip giggling.

And when Ravi did pull out, he was gentle about it, squeezing her hand and pulling her underwear back up for her.

He had slipped away to the bathroom as Pip rolled onto her stomach, sighing gratefully. Ravi had no idea how he just shifted Pip's view on life and on love. She could finally breathe again. She could finally have peace.

It was all thanks to Ravi.

Every last bit of it.