Haunted

HEAVY TRIGGER WARNING
FOR SELF HARM.
If you are sensitive to heavy descriptions of this topic, please don't read this, and take care of yourself. 🫶🏻

—————

Come on, come on,
Don't leave me like this

"P-Pip, what is...who is that?"

She blinked at him, her hands shaking. Ravi's voice was distant, and Pip's mind was foggy.

"I-It's...Ravi, it's Jason Bell."

"What?" He blinked back at her, stepping away, his lip quivering.

"He was going to kill me, Ravi."

"No - Pip... is he dead?"

She nodded once, reaching for him as he took another step back.

"Did you kill him?"

"Yes, but I-"

"Pip, we have to call the police."

"No," she said, eyes brimming with tears as Ravi took another step back. "P-Please, Ravi. He was going to kill me, first. He's the -"

"I know what he is, Pip. But you..." He trailed off, losing himself in his thoughts, Pip realized. Watching as his brow creased. As tears dropped down his flushed cheeks. "You murdered him."

"He was a serial killer, Ravi! He was going to hurt me, first!" She hissed, voice louder than the whisper it was before.

"But..."

"You have to help me, Ravi."

He stared at her, watching her with dull eyes. Cold eyes. And he nodded.

"Fine," he told her, staring at the ground, no emotion in his eyes or his face, the Ravi that Pip knew, gone. "But after that, I can't see you anymore."

"Wh - What?"

I thought I had you figured out

When they were finished cleaning the property, hiding the body, Ravi was distant.

He wouldn't look at Pip. He was silent, and his eyes, still, were cold.

"Ravi, please just -"

"Pip, it's late. I need to go. We can't see each other anymore, understand? I can't...I don't want to see you." He told her, his voice stern as he slammed the car door. Max's.

Still, he opened Pip's door for her.

Still, he held her hand as they drove.

What was happening? Why was he acting like this?

Pip pulled her hand away from his and silently sobbed, shoulders hunched. She sobbed into her hands the whole drive, and Ravi rubbed her back.

Because deep down, he still loved her. He just...couldn't be with someone who did that. To another person.

He kissed her temple, and she glared at him through teary eyes as she slammed the car door.