M A N D R A K E

Hermione POV
I went to the bathroom and cried into the mirror, letting my sadness out. I then realised people will hear it but I couldn't care less.

I had to get over Draco. For our own happiness. There was a knock on the door, which I had locked. "Hermione..?" A familiar voice called softly.

Draco POV
I was not going to leave her alone, not after last year's incident. I went out of the common room to start searching for her and soon heard painful cries behind the door to a bathroom. When Hermione cried, I felt like crying too, it hurt me so much.

"Hermione..?" I called softly. Her cries became sobs and I heard hiccups. "Can I come in?" I asked. After 15 seconds or so, she opened the door. Her hair was messy, her face was all wet and had tear marks. "What can I do to help you feel better..?" I asked, worried. She looked at me and started crying. She hugged me. I hugged her back tightly and she pulled away. "Do you need some time alone..?" I asked. She nodded. "Okay.. call me if you ever need me, the password is 'pureblood'." I said and left, feeling sad and worried.

I wasn't able to sleep that night.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️️〰️〰️〰️Hermione POV
He left and soon my tears started flowing again, this time more faster. I went to my dorm after sometime and went to sleep. I fell asleep the moment my head touched the pillow, the sleep dragging me away from sadness.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
The next day, I felt a little tired. I should probably be alone for a few days as well, until I completely get over him.

I freshened up and afterwards there was a knock on the door. I sighed and opened the door. "Are you feeling better, Hermione?" Luna asked. "I'm okay now, thanks a lot." I said. I got out of the dorm and started talking with Luna. "May I ask, what happened yesterday?" She asked. I sighed, "It's just that I have, well, had a crush on Draco and he has a crush on Pansy."

"Oh.. don't worry.. if your love for him is true, he'll be yours one day..!" Luna said, smiling. "Thanks, Luna. You're so comforting!" I said, hugging her. She smiled. "Are you coming with me to breakfast?" She asked. "Yes please!" I said, following her.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
I walked into the great hall and saw Draco sit with Pansy, or, underneath Pansy.. yes, she was sitting on his lap. He was looking around and caught my eye. I saw him ask Pansy to move but she didn't. He looked at me apologetically, I sighed and nodded and sat with Ginny and Luna.

"Hey guys!" I said and sat between them. "Hey beautiful, you better now?" Ginny asked. "Yep, thanks, you guys." I said, smiling. "What all classes do you have today?" Luna asked.

HERBOLOGY
POTIONS
DEFENCE AGAINST DARK ARTS (DADA)

I told them and fortunately we had all together. We started walking towards Herbology class and stood together. Blaise, Draco and Pansy accompanied us in that class. We were learning about Mandrakes and that we had to put earmuffs for protection or we'll either faint or die. I put on my earmuffs. Professor Sprout took a pot and started explaining about it.

Pansy started saying something that I couldn't hear. She looked worried and what she tried to say seemed important.. since I couldn't hear her I took off my earmuffs, but that's when Professor Sprout took out the Mandrake. Draco's eyes widened and a rough vibration went through my eardrums, causing me to lose balance. I heard Pansy laughing and everything went blank.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ Draco POV
Hermione took off her earmuffs, she didn't know Sprout was lifting the Mandrake. My eyes widened, I tried to help her but it was too late, she had fainted.

She fell onto the ground and everyone kept staring at her, doing nothing. Pansy started laughing at her and I yelled at her for being ridiculous and ran over to Hermione. I lifted her up with the help of Blaise and went to the hospital wing.

I couldn't believe the fact Pansy did that. I fucking hate her. I felt like punching her. We laid Hermione on the bed and waited. Blaise had to go to Potions class since he didn't want to get detention from Snape but I didn't care. I waited with her, for hours.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
I was awakened by the twitching of her hand on mine. Her eyes slowly opened. She looked at her arm and then me, she looked taken aback. She released her hand from mine and looked down. "I understand," I said, she was mad at me because I've been with Pansy a lot now and she did this to her. "I couldn't believe the fact she did that. I know I have been with Pansy a lot and she did..this. Even if we hangout together, I still would never, never do this to you." I said.

She then tried to sit up straight but I held her shoulders and shook my head, "No, take rest now." I said. "What about classes, Draco.." she said. "Classes. Is that what you care about right now? I don't fucking care." I said, widening my eyes after realising that I said a curse word. Well, I do use them but at least not in front of Hermione. "Woah.. you do use curse words huh.." she chuckled. I blushed. "Sorry.." I apologized "No, I like it when you say it." Hermione said, suddenly covering her mouth with her hands, blushing. I smirked at her..compliment.

I sat with her and talked about a lot of things, since we couldnt because Pansy kept me busy. I don't even want to think about her right now.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
It was nighttime and I asked Pomfrey whether she's fine to leave. She agreed. "C'mon, let's go." I said, picking her up by my shoulder and walking through the hallways.
➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿