B Y E

Blaise had left today, and it was just me and Draco now. "How about we go for a walk today evening, Draco?" "Are you sure you wanna go today, I mean, you just got injured yesterday.." He said. "Oh Draco.. I'm completely fine now, thanks to you guys!" I said smiling, hugging him. "Thanks for taking care of me." "Anytime." Draco said.

"Let's cycle!" I suggested. "Si-what?" He said. I facepalmed, knowing that only Muggles use cycles. "It's one among our means of transportation." I said, taking out my cycle. "Sit on it." I said. "Will it go on my command?" Draco asked innocently. I laughed. "No you have to control it, I'll show you. First out your feet on either pedals and now like this, push it." I said, cycling. Draco sat on it after hesitating, tried cycling but fell. "Oh my god, are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah I'm fine dont worry." He said. Thank Merlin it was just grass in my front yard. "Okay let's try again?" I said. "What I just fell.!" He said laughing. "It happens, Draco , I fell 5 times to learn it." I rolled my eyes, chuckling.

After a lot of trying, I finally let go of the cycle and he went cycling in his own. "WHAT? YOU LET GO!" Draco yelled. "BUT YOU'RE RIDING PROPERLY SEE!" I cheered. "Oh yeah!" He laughed and rode it for sometime. "That was fun." He said. "Let's ride together. You sir in the backseat." I told him and he did. I sat on the front seat, Draco's arms hugging me and holding on tight. "Isn't this fun?" I laughed. "Yes!" Draco chuckled. "HERMIONE..! SON...! TIME FOR LUNCH!" Mum called us to have lunch. "Yes mum!" We said in unison and laughed. We entered the dining area breathless.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
"Where have you two been?" She said, playfully jerking her eyebrows. "Mom..." I groaned. "I've been teaching Draco how to ride a cycle." I shrugged.

After lunch we played charades and some other games. It was evening so we decided to go for a walk. We held hands only in the way friends do, and a neighbour of mine asked, "Is that your boyfriend, Hermione?" He laughed, jerking his eyebrows. "No Mr.Jeff! He's just my bestfriend..!" I said, shyly. "Hmm. I don't believe you. But anyways-" he said, going to his backyard to garden.

"Sorry about that.. he just assumes things easily." I said shyly. "Oh it's fine with me." He shrugged. I hit him playfully with my elbow. "Oww." He said. We laughed and went back home after watching the sun set.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
"Lets do this every summer." Draco said. I nodded smiling. "Oh no..!" I said realising. "What happened?" He said. "You're leaving tomorrow.." I said, looking down. "I'll miss you and Blaise.." Draco sighed. "Me too. But not Blaise though." He laughed, causing me to slightly chuckle. We spent time reading the whole night and we fell asleep on the guest room again.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
I woke up to see Draco hugging me. I blushed furiously. No, he's my best friend. Best friends do it all the time. I sighed and went to freshen up. After I did, Draco was on the bed looking down with a blank expression, deep in thought. "Good morning, Draco." I said, causing him to slightly jump. "Oh hey, good morning." He said, his voice not cheeky as if used to sound. "What happened Draco?" I asked. "Nothing, I'm fine." He lied. "Even if it was just some months, I know you as your best friend, Draco." I said. He sighed.

"It's just that we got so attached in the matter of a few months and there's one and a half month left for this to over. I'll just miss you...and Blaise.." he said. "Oh Draco.." I said and hugged him.

"Do you think we'll look different when we meet again?" I said, changing the topic. "I hope I do, I mean, I want to lengthen my hair more so I guess you can expect a change in me." He said, smiling. "I want to lose more weight..." I said, looking down. "Hey. No one will make fun of your body. I won't let them anyway. You already look cute, I mean, you are but not-" he started to stutter. "Thank you, Draco." I smiled, placing my hand on his.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
Third Person POV
"Hermione, son..! Come downstairs, please..!" Hermione's mum called. "Okay mum." She sighed, "Your mother might've come.." He didn't reply. "Come. Let's go." She said, holding his hand.

He took away his own hand, still looking down. She felt hurt when he did that. Draco regretted acting like that so he tried to reach her hand to hold it again, but she had already started walking downstairs. He sighed and followed her quietly.

As expected, Narcissa and Hermione's mother were having tea together. Hermione sat beside her mother and smiled at Narcissa. "Hello, Hermione." Narcissa smiled warmly at her. "Hello Mrs.Narcissa." she said shyly. "Oh no, you can call me Narcissa or even Cissy." She chuckled. "I'll call you mum Cissy" Hermione said giggling. "Aw of course!" Cissy hugged Hermione.

Draco was watching all this, silently. He tried to hide his smile but a small smile still crept up to his face. "You two seem sad, should I pick him up tomorrow?" Cissy asked. "It's fine. He can go." Hermione said a bit loudly, voice sad. Draco's expectant face suddenly vanished. "Are you sur-" "YES." Hermione snapped and ran to her room. Cissy kept quiet. "Sorry about that Narcissa, she's just sad about him going so fast. She tends to snap when she's sad. And Draco and Blaise are her only friends here so she's just sad you're going." Hermione's mother explained.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
Draco POV
Hermione went running upstairs and slamming her door. Her mother explained she snaps when she gets hurt or sad. I decided to check on her.

I came up to her door, I could hear faint sobs from the other side. "Hermione?" I said, knocking the door quietly. The sobs suddenly stopped. She didn't answer. "It's me, Draco." I said, knocking again. "Son! It's time we leave!" Mother called. I sighed and went to join her. We waved her mother bye and walked out of the house. I looked at the part where her room was but the curtains were closed. I sighed and started walking with my mother.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
Hermione POV
I was crying into my pillow, when I heard knocks in my door. "It's me, Draco." I stopped crying so that he wouldn't hear it. After a few minutes I heard Narcissa and Draco leave so I peeped out of the curtain and saw Draco looking at my window. He turned around and walked away with his mother.

I shouldn't have snapped at Cissy or avoid Draco. I regretted it. I couldn't say bye. Now I won't be able to see him for another month.
➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿