22 ~ epilogue

BIANA'S POV

"Tam, hurry up!" I yelled. "Your daughters got ready before you did!"

"Sorry, babe." Tam said, grinning at me and putting a small kiss on my lips.

It was just like the first time. Even the tiniest contact, like holding hands, made me squeal inside. His kisses lit up fireworks inside my brain, making me feel like a lovesick teenager again.

Next to me, my older daughter, Sae, yelled, "EW!" And jumped backwards. Sae was thirteen, a teenager. My younger daughter, Ilene, was only six, but still sweet and innocent. I had a theory that Ilene would remain that way forever, while Sae was born cynical and clever. And inside my belly was a little boy waiting to join our family.

Tam grinned at me, almost sensing my thoughts.

"We have school, Mom!" Sae cried. "Save the lovey dovey stuff for when we're gone! Please!"

"Whatever you say." Tam replied, grinning at me before sweeping up my gorgeous daughters in a hug. "I love you all so much, my dear children!"

Ilene giggled, a sound truly made from an angel, while Sae yelled, "DAD, YOU'RE SO CRINGEY!"

"Love you too, sweetie." He said, setting them down with a mischievous smile. 

"Ugh!" Sae yelled, grabbing her younger sister's hand. "We'll wait in the car."

"Love you mommy! Love you daddy!" Ilene said, smiling a heart-meltingly gorgeous smile as she left.

"What did we do to deserve them?" I asked Tam quietly as he wrapped his arm around me. 

"I don't know. Be generally awesome?" He asked with a cheeky grin.

"Yeah, yeah." I said, his embrace warming me already. "I can't believe we met in high school.

"It seems like forever ago." Tam said softly.

"Cause it was forever ago, old man. May I remind you, you're 45 years old."

"NO!" He yelled in mock fury. "Where have the years gone?"

His voice quieted and he said, "High school. We fell in love in high school."

"And I love you more every day." I replied, kissing his cheek and feeling electric sparks shock my body.

We watched our kids yell at each other from the front yard as they ran through the sprinklers and burst into piles of soaked laughter next to the car. 

Tam looked at me, so adoringly perfect that I wanted to melt in his arms. He opened his mouth to speak and closed it a few times.

Then he said, quiet and lovely and perfect, "It truly was a high school love story."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐀 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 + tiana and romance 🎉