Hi, I'm Elizabeth

Start: 

(10 pm - tropical breeze - pitch black - Jessica's pov)

I will hold onto dis until you can truly utilize it. You wish for your life to end, but you have yet to see what life even is. It is a gift. Hear me now Jessica. Life is but a fleeting moment. We love our lives in moderation and control and fah what? It lasts a short time. You must love until you drown in happiness, laugh until de air you breathe escapes you, cry until yo tears are dry, and live like de next death will take your soul.Dis life is yours to live. Your mother died protecting you, don't throw dis second chance away. Live it you must, not in fear of what should come next. De next place is waiting for you. It waits in hope that you will come fulfilled, not in longing and regret. Only when you can appreciate de beauty in what your heart truly offers yiu, will you feel it beating in her your chest again"

I took in her words so carefully... truly trying to digest what Tia was telling me.. but it unfortunately fell upon deaf ears..

I sighed, looking up at the night sky. We had been sitting on her porch that night, drinking whiskey and star gazing. I had been training with her, just to keep myself on my toes with my swordsmanship and hand to hand. She even taught me some herbal remedies if I had ever been in a pinch..

But the year anniversary had come of my mothers death..one I vowed never to speak of again. One I promised myself I'd take to the grave. For the last 6 out of the 8 orphaned years she's stayed alive, she held true to that. 

"What is life but fleeting moments of happiness strung together in a necklace of fate and despair? All love turns into pain. Is pain worth feeling vs nothing at all? How does one ever begin to feel alive again when they have felt dead for the better half of a decade now. The only thing that brings me peace and happiness anymore is when I'm out on the ocean. She is my first and only love. The sea has never betrayed me, the sea has always been here for me...and the sea never left me behind..should I choose to keep living it would be only for the sea"

I eyed Tia with a cold expression, turning back to the ocean view, the moon shining the horizon. 

"How sad, a heart that does not know how to love, that does not know what it is to be drunk in love, how can you enjoy the blinding light of the su, the soft glow of the moon, and the unforgiving sea, if not with the gentle touch of another"

Jessica gritted her teeth in annoyance

"I know how to love! I loved my parents with everything in me! Why must you care so much about me Tia?! This is more than a debt I owe you this is a game to you and I grow tired of playing! Keep the heart! I'll be just as dead inside as your betrothed"

I spoke bitterly, getting up so aggressively from my chair, it slid a little. Instantly feeling bad, I went to apologize but was met with eyes so dangerous looking, it was almost as if they were glowing gold.

"You stand before me to weak and  too afraid to bear your soul to another human. You waste what is given to you, what was sacrificed FOR you! You spit on her legacy and her sacrifice by shutting everyone and every ting out!" 

At this point.. I had lost it.. everything went black...

"LOOK AROUND YOU CALYPSO! THERE IS NOBODY LEFT! THEY ALL DIED! MY PARENTS, MY CREW, MY FUCKING DOG, WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT  ME?! WHY AM I WRONG TO WISH TO JOIN THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO MADE THAT CURSED THING ACHE FROM THE BEGINNING!"