emergency room

2:41 am.

I woke up in a hot sweat, my body covered in chills. I pulled the blankets up from my waist to my shoulder. My brothers were out of the house filming a video for their upcoming Friday video. I thought I had just woken up from a nightmare but I don't recall anything. I stood up out of my bed to feel an immediate feeling of numbness in my legs.

I sucked it up and walked to my bathroom, pulling out the thermometer and placing it on my forehead. 101.2.

"Great, im sick"

I had always hated being sick and every single human being involved in my life knew that. I went downstairs and grabbed a glass of water because I felt thirsty. After chugging down 3 glasses of water, I still felt very thirsty but my stomach had started hurting. I shrugged it off again and walked back upstairs and into my bed. I peeked at my clock one last time. 3:12 am.

4:56 pm that same day.

My eyes shocked open, realizing i've been asleep the entire day. I was surprised by brothers hadn't said anything. I flipped over onto my stomach, grabbing my phone off of my nightstand. 13
texts from Nick🪐, 18 texts from Matt 🩶, and 7 texts from Chris 🍊. Most of their texts were asking what I wanted for lunch or if I was up yet.

I had felt even worse than I had this morning so I took a quick shower and tied my hair up in a ponytail. Followed by that, I did my skin care and threw on some lightweight pajamas. I walk downstairs to see my three brothers sitting on the couch, either laughing and hitting eachother or just scrolling on their phone.

"Good morning sleepy head" Matt breaks the contact between him and his phone.

"Morning, Matt" I reply, rubbing my forehead and smiling.

"You look pale, are you okay?" Nick asks after smacking Chris on the shoulder.

"Yeah, i'm just flabbergasted that I slept in this late"

The triplets let out a laugh in unison as I make my way to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water.

"Do you want any lunch or wait until dinner?" Nick inquired.

"I'm not very hungry, im on my 4th glass of water today yet I still feel thirsty." I remarked.

Nick places a hand on my forehead.

"Damn you're hot!" he said.

He drags me to the bathroom and takes my temperature. 102.5.

"It barely changed since this morning at least."

"What do you mean?"

"While you guys were gone, I woke up feeling like crap and my temperature was at like an early 101"

"Go lay on the couch, i'll make you dinner."

"Okay, thank you." I say, side hugging Nick.

I make my way towards the couch, getting a deep pit feeling in my stomach. I stand and freeze for a while but then jump onto the couch and make myself extremely comfy. Nick comes in 15 minutes later with a plate of chicken alfredo, a glass of water, and a small cup of fruit. I sit up, feeling extremely nauseous. I take a sip of water and eat my fruit first.

"As weird as this sounds, I haven't seen you use the bathroom at all since you got up. You've been up since 4 and it's now 5:30" Chris reported.

"I don't have the urge or anything right now but I guess you're right because I've drank more than i've ate total today."

I eat all of my dinner and go to the bathroom
to brush my teeth. I come back out to the living room, my stomach feeling very uneasy. I cover my mouth and sprint back to the bathroom, emptying my stomach. I hear the door creak open and feel my hair being pulled back.

"Are you okay now?"

It was Matt. He noticed how shaky I was while throwing up and he knew how much I hated it. He took me upstairs into my bed and tucked me in.

"You have a bucket here, a cup of tea, a heating pad, and an ice pack to place on your face."

"Thank you." I say, grabbing the ice pack and placing it onto my forehead.

I close my eyes in which it felt like for 10 seconds but it actually was 7 hours. 12:57 am. I shot up from my bed and throw up again, crying at this point. My brothers were downstairs watching a movie and the scent of popcorn made me throw up one more time. I walk downstairs, holding my stomach and placing myself next to Matt.

Matt tosses his arm around me and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"How are you feeling, sweetheart?" Nick asked,
wondering in deep thought.

"Horrible. I just threw up twice before i came here."

"I'm sorry." Matt says, rubbing my shoulder.

I fall right back asleep due to Matt massaging my shoulders.

Matt's POV:

My little sister came downstairs, her eyes puffy and her face pale. I feel so bad for this kid. As much as she hates being sick, she doesn't deserve it at all. I wish I could take it away from her. She sat next to me and immediately fell asleep as I was massaging her, hoping to make her feel better.

This silent, calm feeling had ended when y/n woke up, screaming, and grabbing her stomach. I had grabbed her by the shoulders, now rubbing her back.

"What's wrong?!" I say in complete shock.

Nick and Chris come running downstairs and stand in the doorway.

"What the fuck?" Nick said, rushing over to our little sister who was now crying and begging for the pain to stop.

At that exact moment, y/n threw up again, right in front of Nick.

"Is that.."

"That's blood bro"

"We need to go to the emergency room!" Chris said as the others were panicking at the thought of having our sister in the emergency room.

Nick runs back upstairs and grabs his phone also turning off the lights while he's at it. I run to find my keys.

"Fuck, i can't find my keys"

"Go check your nightstand table in your room!"

I run upstairs and immediately see them, skipping steps on my way back down to the others. Chris picks y/n up bridal style as she's crying into his chest. I jump into the drivers seat, Nick in the passenger seat, Chris and y/n in the back.

I look up into the rear view mirror to see Chris looking back at me.

"Good job" I mouth and he smirks.

Soon enough, we're at the emergency room part of the hospital and they get our little sister into a room immediately. We follow back with them and at this point, all I can hear is doctors talking in a muffled way. The only word I heard was "surgery" and I had perked up.

25 minutes later - Y/N'S POV:

I was going in and out of consciousness especially when Chris had been comforting me in the car. It all had started when I fell asleep next to Matt, then I had the sharpest pain of all time in my stomach. All I heard was "emergency surgery" and then the anaesthesia had took me out.

1 week later:

Last week was a pretty chaotic one considering the fact I got my appendix taken out. I have a pretty cool scar on my stomach but overall, I'm just so glad that my brothers noticed otherwise I wouldn't be here today.

WC - 1274